cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keeps interrupting viewing

I watch using a smart TV. No problems there, but I can watch the same channel for a few hours at a time, or skip around channels. I keep getting chucked out of what I'm watching on a more frequent basis regardless of whether or not I am changing channel, or seeing what else is on (so still interacting and using the remote). It used to be every few hours, but now it's happening every 90mins or so.I get booted out of what I am watching and get a red banner across the top telling me I haven't interacted for a while. Last time I had literally put the remote down 20 mins before as had changed channel!

It is driving me bonkers. Is there a way I can either extend the time, or just turn it off altogether?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi 

Have you tried deleted everything and reinstall the app on the TV, please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep. Well. I’ve unplugged the stick from my TV etc as it’s not just an app on my laptop/tv.
RoyB
Legend

Are you sure the message is coming from the Stick, and not from the TV?

It may be worth looking in the TV menus for a setting like this. My Samsung TV certainly has one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

That is true, I heard that some TV model could be issue too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. It’s definitely not the TV. The message is now.tv branded. The TV had a different message that pops up.

I work in software so notice these things 🙂
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Please try email them and get help with the screen shot of the message.

[email removed]

But it is faster to message them on Twitter, Facebook too.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, my email is asking me to mark an incorrect response as helpful.

Nope. Reinstalling doesn’t work.

i have tried switching off/on, soft reboot and a complete uninstall, clean and reinstall. Problem persists.