Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up. Cancelling next month.

I bought this for The Justice League.

And to watch all the DC shows. 

Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, Arrow, Superman and Lois.

2 you don't have the rest are missing the last season and the current season.

So a complete waste of money. I should have just done the 7 day trial first. 

After cancelling Sky last year....I see Nowtv is no better. It's worse.

21 REPLIES 21
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Care to explain what is "missing" on NOW?

Bare in mind NOW only has Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Comedy, Sky Documentary, FOX, Sky History, Comedy Central, MTV

All the Sky movie channels

All the Sky Sport channels.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes something called 4K and better internet as now tv/now only gets less as they don’t want to do more/pay 😏

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

4K, considering NOW only got HD just over a year ago, think its safe to say that 4K won't be here for a while!

In terms of content, there is nothing majorly different. 

As for broadband, its up to Sky on if they want to bring FTTP broadband to NOW. It's also dependant on OpenReaches network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now has to fork up the money to give sky that’s how businesses work

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User "Now has to fork up the money to give sky that’s how businesses work".

I'm not sure you understand that Now is Sky. They are the same company. 

Screenshot_20210319-143150.jpg

It's the same content provided by different means. All the income goes into the same pot - Comcast's, the company that owns Sky!

As for Sky going dishless, Sky X will work the same as the current model - contracted. Now will continue to operate and satisfy the part of the market that won't want a contract or casually watch 1 or 2 shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Saint1976
Elite 3

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User I've never subscribed to this whole "it's better" statement.

The individual products sit as separate entities and meet different needs.

I, like many others, can't have a sky dish so have to look at alternatives and NowTV is the next best thing as it's, well, Sky but streamed. The Sky branded content is virtually identical but I accept the limitations.

Although, there are huge benefits that sky doesn't have. I can share my account with my father so halve the cost, I can take my device (with all my subscriptions) with me when working away and watch on a TV, plus I'm not tied to a contract.

Some people can't commit to a 12/18 month contract, some can't afford Sky and others only want to watch 1 or 2 shows so can't justify a contract they won't get use of.

It's horses for courses and saying one is better than the other is talking like a child in a playground.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh didn’t you know sky is going dishless so nothing to say against that then 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky is going dishless.....first mentioned 2017. It's now 2021, still no sign....

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/award-winning-sky-q-to-launch-without-a-satellite-dish-bringing-sky-tv-to-millions-more-homes

NOW is owned by Sky, so whatever changes take place, that is up to Sky to decide what to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And sky is that’s why now tv jumped on the back of sky