cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up. Can’t find GOT on tv (via app on BT)... can see it on iPad?

Title sums it up. Signed in on NowTV on BT TV app, Game of Thrones isn’t there. I can see it when signed in with the same account on iPad. In fact all we can see on the TV are SKYcinema films which we don’t have the pass for. We can’t see any other content being offered to us via the TV?

Does anyone know the solution please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

I take it this is on a BT YouView box? Currently, the NowTV app on YouView boxes only handles Movies, and not Entertainment or Sport.

This is set to change shortly, albeit for BT YouView boxes only (when this whole mess will get even more confusing for those with Retail or TalkTalk YouView boxes!), but we don’t have a firm date yet.

I recommend you buy a NowTV Stick, £15 from Curry’s or Argos, with a two-month Entertainment Pass worth at least £10, so for a net £5, you could be watching on it tomorrow, or at least in plenty of time for the next episode of GoT, and not waiting for an unknown length of time for this to arrive on your YouView box.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

I take it this is on a BT YouView box? Currently, the NowTV app on YouView boxes only handles Movies, and not Entertainment or Sport.

This is set to change shortly, albeit for BT YouView boxes only (when this whole mess will get even more confusing for those with Retail or TalkTalk YouView boxes!), but we don’t have a firm date yet.

I recommend you buy a NowTV Stick, £15 from Curry’s or Argos, with a two-month Entertainment Pass worth at least £10, so for a net £5, you could be watching on it tomorrow, or at least in plenty of time for the next episode of GoT, and not waiting for an unknown length of time for this to arrive on your YouView box.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Both NOWTV and inparticular BT should make this clearer when purchasing. Basically you only find out this lame duck once you have purchased the pass. The BT App looks all set to go. But isn’t.  BT are either the most corrupt, or just plain incompetent corporation I have ever had any dealings with. Same sort or problems with business phones and broadband, private home phones and broadband over many years. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks. Both NOWTV and inparticular BT should make this clearer when purchasing. Basically you only find out this lame duck once you have purchased the pass. The BT App looks all set to go. But isn’t.  BT are either the most corrupt, or just plain incompetent corporation I have ever had any dealings with. Same sort or problems with business phones and broadband, private home phones and broadband over many years. 

You can’t exactly blame BT for this, not that I don’t agree with you in general, living in an area where you can mysteriously only get fibre from BT or BT-owned PlusNet, and nobody else. Guess who owns Openreach?

But this cut-down NowTV thing has been a YouView issue from day 1, on the Retail boxes and the TalkTalk ones as well as the BT ones. In fact there was only one YouView box in the beginning, and BT and TalkTalk offered that same as Retail, before they developed their own branding.

The reason was some arcane thing to do with live Sky channels; licensing issues as ever. They are finally sorting it, not before time.

But NowTV have worked very hard to make their app available, free, across a whole range of devices; and for those who still can’t get it on a free app, supplied a device you can get it on for chump change.

Possibly the device with the best bang for your buck ever seen?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the very same issue and i was not made aware  that this 3 month pass for GOT would not show on my NowTV BT Youview when i signed up for the 3 months entertainment pass to watch the whole series. I would not have purchased it otherwise if it could not be activated on my TV.

My account says i can add up to 6 devices but it only adds my PC which was the device i used when signing up and activating my NowTV account.

The sales of this pass was misleading and appears to be a scam to cash in and rip off Game Of Thrones regular viewers like myself.

RoyB
Legend

As you can watch it on your PC, it’s hardly a scam. And NowTV make the limitation on YouView boxes clear here, though I agree it would be a lot better if they made it clear here .

But are you sure you can’t watch it on your TV? If it’s an LG Smart TV, or a Samsung Smart TV from 2015 onwards, you likely can.

But if you feel ripped off, get onto Live Chat, and they will likely refund you.

Or pony up £19.99 for a NowTV Stick, with £15.98 of Entertainment passes attached, and happily watch GoT on the biggest screen you own, for a net £4.01