cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itv player not working

I am trying to watch itv player but everytime I press play it bounces me back to the now tv main page (start page) I've reset device, checked Internet connection and software updatesand nothing has fixed it. what's happening? So frustrating!!! 

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have the same issue too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue bouncing back to home screen

Download the STV app if not done already. It’s the same. Scottish channel of ITV and all working fine as watching catch up on it now. 

Hope this helps a few people to watch what they want tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Exactly same thing is happening to me. Any way I access itv player, when info to watch a program it bounces back to the now TV screen. My other channels, BBC iPlayer, channel 4 etc are all working fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:  I found an old post where the same thing happened & followed their advice.

I went to My Apps screen and clicked on the ITV hub icon & accessed it that way. The app worked fine without any problems. 

Just seems to be a problem accessing it from the home page .

Hope that helps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem too

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the exact same problem too

Guys this should be all sorted now 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well it's not sorted because I am having this exact problem right now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Obviously an ongoing problem even now, as it started happening for me a couple of weeks ago. It flicks back to nowtv home screen often in ad breaks or between episodes. I suspect ITV want us to get fed up enough so we pay for the ad free version. Which i dont think is available on smart tv yet. Most frustrating. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just upgraded from a Now tv box to a stick. ITV hub wont play it still goes back to the home page. Always some issue with Now tv! Christmas 2018.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ITV Player is constantly playing up; currently it won't let me watch anything - it just flips back to the Home Screen when i've chosen a programme to watch.  Doesn't matter how i access ITV Hub, i.e. via catch-up, my apps etc, it's does exactly the same thing!  All other apps working fine...  I contacted NOWTV and did a ping-pong message help thing and ended up resetting the whole thing, but ITV Hub still the same - grrrr!  Any suggestions?