cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itv player not working

I am trying to watch itv player but everytime I press play it bounces me back to the now tv main page (start page) I've reset device, checked Internet connection and software updatesand nothing has fixed it. what's happening? So frustrating!!! 

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

im having the same issues since last week i rang nowtv to report the issue and they said i had to contact itv direct so still no answers as to whats causing the problem how have you got on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Roku stick and am having the same problems so i am starting to think that it is more of a problem at ITV,s end now so much Now TV.

Hope they sort it out soon it also does my head in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem it's ridiculous

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to be up and running now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with itv app, anyone figured out how to fix it? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, it’s 22.45 and just watched 1/2 of Emmerdale!  As soon as ad break over went back to home screen!  So sadly problem isn’t fixed!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This usually happens to me in the middle of Corrie. Ad break - home screen - try to play again - ad break - home screen - try again about 5 times with same result - give up and never get to watch the second half of that episode. Grinds my gears!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive been reserching this issue and have read that its a bug in the software for the player. Now TV should fix this however its a free service so i cant see it being fixed in the short term. You pay for a box thats not fit for purpose thats becoming the norn now days

@Anonymous User wrote:

This usually happens to me in the middle of Corrie. Ad break - home screen - try to play again - ad break - home screen - try again about 5 times with same result - give up and never get to watch the second half of that episode. Grinds my gears!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same is happening to me , sometimes I manage to watch part of the program but as soon as a breaks finish it kicks straight back to the home page . Who is best to contact regarding this error? I've tried everything but still it doesn't work 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the player on two devices, laptop & iPad and both work fine.

However, I have been trying for the last couple of months to get it to work on my computer (Win) but all it does is 'the loop' i'e Home page, select content,player opens but you can only click a link back to the Homepage.

This is for any content whether free or subscribed.