cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itv player not working

I am trying to watch itv player but everytime I press play it bounces me back to the now tv main page (start page) I've reset device, checked Internet connection and software updatesand nothing has fixed it. what's happening? So frustrating!!! 

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you clicking on an ITV show thumbnail under Best of Catch Up, where I believe there is a bug in the system ?

What happens if you click on the ITV App on the Best of Catch Up instead or go to the ITV Hub App in the My App section of the box and find & watch the TV show from there ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing works I've tried clicking on every option avaliable for itv player and it does the same every time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything it won't work

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having exactly the same problem. All other apps are fine, just not ITV hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes you are not alone! We are also experiencing the same problem! We are using a Now tv stick and can’t watch any catch up program on ITV hub. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

The ITV Hub App is working for me if I go to the App in My Apps on my smart box, where it doesn't work if I click on an ITV show thumb nails under Best of Catch Up.

Perhaps try a forced software update on your box or stick by following step 6 in this linked help guide.

Update the software on your device even if you are on the same software version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

There is no guarantee it will work, but worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a couple of Now TV boxes round the house - all are exhibiting the same problem - select the content you want to watch and you are bounced back to the Now TV menu, regardless of how you get in to the app.  I've deleted and replaced the app - still the same.  I'm expecting a "responsibility is with the content provider" response, but I hope someone is working on it between Now TV and ITV - the wife is missing Corrie!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could watch Corrie from the STV App on the box or stick if you can't access the ITV Hub App.

Use Google to find you a Scottish post code and enter it when asked on the STV App.

Personally I find the STV App better than the ITV Hub App if they are showing the same TV Shows.

Also try switching the power off to your boxes or sticks for 30 secs to see if that resolves the ITV Hub App problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

You could watch Corrie from the STV App on the box or stick if you can't access the ITV Hub App.

I've kept that quiet for now.  Thanks for the tip though.  Sshhh!! 🙂