cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petecc
Scholar 2

Item keeps getting removed from 'Continue watching'

Twice now, since I joined NOW just three weeks ago, 'The Last of Us' has disappeared from my 'Continue watching' list and it's lost my position in the 'Watchlist' (the first time completely and the second just forgetting the last episode I'd watched). I've read elsewhere that there maybe some (inexplicable) policy of removing items from the watchlist if they haven't been watched for a while and (even more bizarrely) forgetting the last position watched. However, this doesn't appear to be the case here as there are definitely other items in the list I haven't watched for longer. I've made a complaint to NOW via the online form but, after responding promptly to my first complaint about a bug in the Android app (which was promptly fixed in the latest update), they now seem to be ignoring me.

Does anybody know for sure how removal from the 'Continue watching' is supposed to work at the moment?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @petecc 

The Watchlist and Continue Watching should follow the information in this NOW article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-watchlist 

The Continue Watching has always been buggy and currently for me none of the episodes of The Last of Us I watched got added to my Continue Watching grid row.

From memory I think if you haven't watched the Continue Watching thumbnail movie or episode for more than 30 days it gets removed from your Continue Watching section or if a TV Show or Movie has left the NOW service.

Last time I checked my Watchlist seemed to be fine and did so which episodes I have watched so far by the white progress bar on the episode thumbnail.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @petecc 

With regards to The Last of US, because episode 5 was brought forward 2 days due to the Super Bowl apparently it affected episode 5 with regards to Continue Watching (this is what I was told by NOW).

For me every episode so far of The Last of US never got added in anyway to my Continue Watching section.

I have watched all episodes available to date episode 1 to 5.

Just checked my Watchlist and Last of US is still there and episodes 1 to 4 show the white progress bar inside the bottom of each episode thumbnail to confirm I have already watched this particular episode.

Episode 5 doesn't show the white progress bar from My Watchlist even though I have already watched this episode (my guess it's the same glitch bringing forward episode 5 two days unless it's different for others).

From my experience NOW Continue Watching has always been glitchy, where Watchlist for me has always been pretty reliable.

petecc
Scholar 2

Thanks for the replies @schnapps. I guess it must be the buggy Continue Watching list that is removing it, then. The article doesn't really say much about it. I haven't even been with NOW for 30 days yet, so it can't be that.

That would be annoying but what is worse is the forgetting where I've got to. For me, it seems to be forgetting the most recent episode each time it removes it from Continue Watching. I've watched all episodes up to 4 but only have progress bars on episodes 2 and 4; the glitches happening after watching episodes 1 and 3.