cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to request old HBO box sets?

Is there any way of making suggestions for old HBO box sets to be shown?  Sopranos/The Wire/GoT come and go every few months, but there are other HBO gems like Six Feet Under that never appear.  I note Curb Your Enthusiam is now available which is superb, but there are plenty of other great series from HBO that don't appear.  As there is no HBO Now in the UK, can Sky/Now TV make some  of these available?

https://www.justwatch.com/us/provider/hbo-now

7 REPLIES 7
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

I think we're as keen on HBO shows here as you are!

Although Six Feet Under hasn't made an appearance, we do have Veep, GoT, Silicon Valley, True Detective, The Sopranos, Banshee, The Leftovers, Sex and the City, Boardwalk Empire aaaaand Ballers. (Among others!)

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see? We'll have a check on SFU, but unfortunately it's not been on the service for years, which suggests the licencing may be tricky in this instance.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see?

@Jason-C  Six Feet Under is the one that is foremost.  Not sure what the HBO/Sky relationship is, but rare to see HBO programming anywhere else in the UK (except paying for it on Amazon/Google et al) so for me Sky is the closet UK equivalent of HBO NOW.  Don't think Amazon Prime nor Netflix have any HBO content. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C wrote:

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see? We'll have a check on SFU, but unfortunately it's not been on the service for years, which suggests the licencing may be tricky in this instance.

Thanks,

Jason

@Jason-C It may be from Showtime but I would love to see Shameless USA. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Jason-C
Community Administrator

@Anonymous User

No solid news on Six Feet Under yet, but watch this space! The content teams might be able to do something on this...

@caseyb1993

Definitely no sign of Shameless USA, I'm afraid to say. However, we've also got a good relationship with Showtime, so it may well appear in the future. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

@Anonymous User

No solid news on Six Feet Under yet, but watch this space! The content teams might be able to do something on this...

@Jason-C cool.  Would be great to watch it when The Sopranos departs in mid-August. (hint!)

KBZ
Scholar

Six Feet Under was available as a box set three years ago so it's not an impossibility.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Six Feet Under S1-5 have now been added as boxsets if you're still interested.