cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Sky Cinema 5.1?

Hello!

I'm quite new to NowTV and loving it so far!

My question is a simple one no doubt... Is Sky Cinema on NowTV broadcast in 5.1 surround sound?

I'm considering subscribing to that alongside my Entertainment Pass but don't want to unless I can watch films in 5.1.

Also, while I'm here... do any of the Entertain Pass channels broadcast in 5.1? I'm struggling to get any to work if they do, and if they do, it could be that my box settings are wrong.

Oh, and for the record, yes, I do have a 5.1 capable box etc. I was a Sky+ HD subscriber until recently, I got fed up with paying £80 a month!

All help appreciated,

R.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

All NowTV passes including movies is currently in 2 channel stereo only Smiley Mad  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

All NowTV passes including movies is currently in 2 channel stereo only Smiley Mad  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, thanks. That was my fear. I get that Sky Q is their premium service and they offer more to the subscribers of that such as 4K and surround sound, but if I'm paying for it with NowTV surely a similar level of service isn't too much to ask for?

It's annoying enough that the Entertainment channels are only 2 channel... movies only being 2 channels is almost unforgivable!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

wrote:

It's annoying enough that the Entertainment channels are only 2 channel... movies only being 2 channels is almost unforgivable!

Your will struggle to find anybody on the forum. That doesn't agree with you on the audio front @Anonymous User I can perhaps understand why the linear/live channels are stereo only, but I agree that OnDemand content should be 5.1

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nowtv have mentioned in a recent press release that 1080p is coming to their streaming service by the end of the year, what is worrying was that nothing was said about 5.1 surround sound (hopefully 5.1 surround sound will be part of the 1080p upgrade spec) Smiley Sad

I avoid watching anything on my Home Cinema Projector AV system from NowTV until 1080p Dolby 5.1 surround sound is added to their service.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User not currently.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.