cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent Pixilation during Leeds MUFC game

Getting pixilation during transmission with fibre connection & casting from iPad to Chromecast Google TV. Don't normally have this. Checked out BB connection & no issues. Small room & all kit unobstructed WiFi 5Ghz both for iPad & Chromecast.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

Tried unplugging your router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No It must be the app or the service. I'm watching a live stream on YouTube about the game with no pixilation. Haven't moved the iPad the only thing I've done is closed the Now TV app. I'm never impressed with either the software nor the stream quality from Now. But then I'm not impressed with any of the Sky service when they have to use BT's network. Having said that I use Plusnet but I'm only 400 metres by wire/fibre from the exchange.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm afraid neither of those links is of little value. I just made sure the iPad was updating software & although set to auto update it wasn't. So I updated but no difference.

I've now installed the latest app on my Android phone running Android 9.0.1 & again no difference. I'm not going to reboot my hub (routers don't exist in a home environment only within large complex networks like ISP's, hubs in the home only get as complex as NAT) because everything else is fine.

There is probably an issue somewhere within Now's  point of presence either locally or elsewhere further up the line.  It'll probably need to get really bad before they can isolate where on the network it is.  BT Sport has it's own issues & they own most of the network. The only good streaming services seem to be Netflix, Amazon Prime & Google's offerings like YouTube.

If any else has the same issue then maybe they'll see this & we can compare notes. But then problems like this often just disappear.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are best to head onto live chat and and complain.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

The whole point of the links were to show that there is a known issue with sports stream on NOW.

So despite that it was with other devices the links are still valid. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

exact same problem at 2 locations on different internet providers, since the nowtv app appearance changed. no problem before. only during the game though, prematch build up, halftime and after game no problem. its only the bit i actually want to watch.