cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IndyCar race from Sky F1 channel not available yet

The Mid-Ohio IndyCar race from Sunday evening has not been made available on NOW yet, despite taking place on Sunday evening UK time. Can anyone let me know why this is and/or when I should expect to find it on NOW? It's very frustrating to avoid all motorsports news websites for two days or more.

This is a frequent problem with content from the Sky F1 channel. Sometimes it's the F1 race or qualifying that isn't made available for a couple of days, other times it's the F2/F3 races that don't appear at all and this time it's the IndyCar race. Please sort this out NOW people. I shouldn't be paying the extortionate Sky Sports monthly subscription for access to one channel and have to wait days and days for content to become available. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and All4 are much more efficient!

10 REPLIES 10
StevePNicolaW
Mentor

All of the IndyCar races have been broadcast live on the SkySportsF1 channel.

Is there something that stops you from being able to watch them live?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it all comes down to the rights deals in place. Sky may be prevented from showing some content on demand because they only have the rights for the live race. Similarly, other networks may have the rights to show on demand content for a specified amount of time before Sky can.

This is certainly the case with F1 where Channel 4 have the rights to show a replay of the race and make the race available on demand on All4 before Sky can.

As for Indy Car, there's a half hour highlights show on the NTT Indy Series YouTube channel which normally goes up straight after the race.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand that there are different rights deals in place for different series, but other IndyCar races have generally been made available by NOW about 24 hours after the race was broadcast on Sky F1. I doubt that the deal changes race-to-race as Sky is the only broadcaster of IndyCar in the UK. Plus the qualifying session from Saturday has been available for a couple of days now and I don't imagine the race would be treated differently.

Waiting for Channel 4 to broadcast its highlights show before making the full race available on NOW is understandable, but some consistency with when the full race is made available would be greatly appreciated and unlikely to be too problematic for NOW. If they could just say specifically if & when which events will be made available that would be very helpful.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Izzie-T can you see if the Mid-Ohio Indy Car race from Sunday 4th July is scheduled for on demand and if it is, when it will be uploaded?

@Anonymous User I do agree that it would be helpful if there was a set day/time each race was uploaded but no one here will hear your pleas. Either email Sky viewer relations or Now customer services. Don't hold your breath that you'll get a reply that gives a straight forward answer as there's the same conversation going on within the Sky Community with little response.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

I can see the last reply shows that the content is now on platform.

As each individual sporting events have different timeline and condition with provider. It is not possible for me to have visibility before the content actually is on platform. We have also purposed more improvement plans in the queue.

Thank you for all your messages. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T thank you for replying to the thread, but the content available in NOW on demand is not the full IndyCar Mid-Ohio race. Every single other race this year has been made available on demand as well as a highlights show. I do not see any reason why this race should be any different!

I will get in touch with the customer team as you suggested to see if they can tell me what's going on.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

As mentioned, even though it is in the tournament, but there are different condition to every single game or race of viewing agreement and timeline.

However, this thread was talking about unavailability, if I might have missed you meant anything not the same.  Can you please let us know in which way that it is different from F1 highlight on demand content, please? 

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The availability of the highlights for the IndyCar Mid Ohio race is not different from any other race this season. The difference is that NOW has not yet made the full race available to watch on demand despite the race having taken place more than three days ago and was broadcast live on Sky F1. Every single other IndyCar race this year has been made available to watch in full on demand by NOW. At the moment, the full races for Road America and Detroit are all available to watch on demand, alongside the standard highlights packages. I do not believe that Mid Ohio would be treated any differently because Sky F1 is the only broadcaster of IndyCar in the UK.

I have tried to submit a complaint about this but every time I try to to send it I just get an error page with the message "Oops, something went wrong" and the live chat feature is just a bot. Not very useful. Is there an email address I can use instead?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces)