Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im being hacked

Hi guys - I cant reach ''help'' to talk to someone from nowtv

and I keep being sent emails that I made complaints I never did -

Im reallly scared and I dont know where to go - I dont know how to use forums so this really worries me - when ever I get to ''CHAT'' to a nowtv worker it doesnt work?

What should I do - I certaintly been hacked - I cant even use hacked to get on the forum - I shall contact the ombudsmen if this is not solved within three hours

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just happened to me. Someone bought a sports pass and added their TV on my account. Nothing but the works most useless chat bot online. Did you get anywhere? £34 did that pass. I've cancelled it but obviously no hint of whether it'll be refunded. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Here’s a posting where I go into this, and what to do:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/chat-not-working-and-need-immediate-help/m-p/512593/highlight/true#M10650

@Anonymous User, if you can post here, you should still be able to access your account on your devices. And the ombudsman goes more on a three-month lead time, not three hours, and only after all other avenues have been exhausted. And where there has been maladministration, not fraud.

For both of you, the advice in the link should enable you to resolve the situation for yourselves, and to prevent it ever happening again, and to go on and contact Live Chat if you need to.

@Anonymous User, cancelling a pass does not get you a refund, but Live Chat can refund you if they agree you were the victim of fraud.

But it would be good if you can work out how it happened - Disposing of a device without resetting it? Rogue four-year-old? Flatmate taking liberties?

One clue you can get (before you start cleaning things up) is to look at My Account/Devices, and see if there are any you don’t recognise. If there aren’t, it was an inside job. If there is/are, see if you can get any clues from it - old device of yours, or something new?

Anybody reading this and thinking ‘There but for the grace of God go I’ - have you set a Payment PIN? If not, go and set one, RIGHT NOW. This will save you from having to rely on divine intervention.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for all that. I suspect its an old leaked ebay password.
Definitely not my other half or anyone I know as I'm the only one with the
account access at home.

I found the form where you can report incorrect charging and filled it in.
Late last night I got word of the refund.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good result!

They must have also got your NowTV account number as well though, though perhaps this is a published email address; I think the Old Skool Sky/NowTV account numbers were safer...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.