cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hudl error for now tv - please help!

Hello, 

Hoping somebody can help. When watching a film on the Hudl for Now tv it will work for so long & then comes up with an error saying ‘viewing stopped. Something has gone wrong. If the problem persists please contact Online support team’ not sure what I’m supposed to do. 

I’ve done the usuals:

turn tablet on & off 

sign out & in of my now tv account and 

uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help!!

9 REPLIES 9
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hello @Anonymous User

Its the Hudl tablet you are using yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep!

Can you recommend anything to please help? 😊
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

I'll pop you a quick email with a few steps to try Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you but it didn’t work 😭 this has never happened before, literally only past couple of days. Is there anything else I can try? 

Thank you, Hannah 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever find a solution? My hudl's having the exact same problem 🙄 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello!

No sadly I didn’t 😞 I’m still stuck without it but in a way I’m glad I’m not alone! It’s so frustrating though as I also googled about the time errors on Hudls in general and not much help there either as I’ve done all I can to try and make it normal. Thing is Netflix works fine on the Hudl it’s just now tv that won’t 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think that it is something to do with the latest update to Now TV - Because I have been watching sports on Now TV since 2015. Yesterday when I took oit a day pass I, when I started, there was a message saying to uninstall the app then install it  from the playstore in order to get the layest update. I did this but it then stopped working after about a minute. I've now tried installing it about 6 times- all with the same result. The message says to contact on line help but of course I can only find this forum. You would think that their technicians would read the forum and post some sprt of reply ? PLAYBACK_CODEC_DECODING_ERROR. I doubt it is anything to do with my Hudle after nearly 4 years of viewing and more to do with something they have done in the latest update. BUT they don't seem to care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That’s so annoying!! It would make sense it’s the update but no good for us hudl users!

😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Team, when is the update coming to your software to allow use of our Tablets again please? 

Poor service means loss of Customers!

Thank You