cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold rush season 11

Hi I'm wondering why GOLD RUSH SEASON 11 Only has 1 episode when the other day there was 2 but now there should be 3 and there is only 1? Please can this get sorted

30 REPLIES 30
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976 

I can confirm that currently S11 of all 3 eps are in 1 single separated folder on the platform. So we will get the team to check the issue of Android device if S11 eps are split in 2 folders. 

Also it is correct that Gold Rush in 1 of the folder has S1-10 including individual season special as total of 12 seasons in 1 folder. There the LG TV screen is correct if you are in this folder. 

So can I please ask if on your LG TV:

• on the search, if you are only able to see 1 "Gold Rush" name in result, please
  • if going through the Discovery channel path, are you able to see both Gold Rush, please?

The tricky part of smart TV app is, the app un & reinstall might clear all the history alone. The smart TV itself also needs to be clear the history and cache in order to make sure the newest update can be done.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have taken all of Gold rush off nowtv. We started to watch season 11 but not they've pulled it.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I were you I would sign up to Discovery+ they have all seasons available and dirt cheap for a month or year. 

Being a Discovery+ subscriber I highly recommend it, so far absolutely no issues with the service. And it’s 1080p as standard! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thx for the reply but they have done that twice now to me they must know what I like.
I just started to watch westworld then they pulled it, its only now available on HBO.
So if its a game they are playing I aint going to fall for it.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The massively annoying thing is we in the UK won’t see HBO Max here anytime. 

Thanks to Sky (which I really don’t mean) HBO blew their chances of launching their service here and instead opted to strike another content deal with Sky. Which of course means content as usual like all things on Sky will come and go. 

My hope is now that Comcast (NBC and Universal) owning Sky they will focus more on the content that they actually own, so Sky or Now TV will transform into a Peacock TV type service. Allowing us to get next day air dates of NBC shows such as Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago PD and Law & Order SUV. The list goes on. 

Sky needs to stop focusing on striking content deals period. It’s parent company owned shows are often available months after being aired int the US, whereas shows on “HBO” aka Sky Atlantic get the red carpet same day air date treatment.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User they wouldn't take shows away just from you. Gold Rush season 11 is the latest season and is available on catch up until March 25th with the next episode (10) due for broadcast in January.

There was an issue last week where some people had shows missing from 'MyTv' but the shows were still available and simply needed adding back to that section. You'll find all 11 seasons of Gold Rush by using the search facility.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User all episodes are available on all my devices.

Screenshot_20201225-223432.jpg

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976  @Anonymous User 

Our team has checked with the Android device, however cannot verify this issue.

Please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. If this still occurs, please do let me know.

At present, we are contacting Discovery to find out about the S11 separated folder reason. 

Thank you for your message and help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Izzie-T  The Android folders have now changed and the correct episodes are in the correct folders.

As for the app on my LG TV and/or NowTV black box, I have worked out what the problem is. If I type “gold” into the search it shows one match with a folder of seasons 1-10. If I type “gold rush” into the search bar it then shows a match with both folders. So it appears that the search function has a discrepancy in how it finds the show/folders. Not a huge issue but obviously most users would probably stop the search after typing "gold" and getting the first search result.

In your last response you said “we are contacting Discovery to find out about the s11 separated folder reason.”

This issue is not limited to Gold Rush. Nearly every Discovery show has multiple folders for the same show with seasons confusingly spread across 3 or 4 folders and is something I highlighted in a thread a couple of weeks ago.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Alaskan-Bush-People-Season-12-shows-m...

If you look at Alaskan Bush People

Folder 1

Season 2 Episodes 1-16

Season 5 Episodes 9-10

Folder 2

Season 1 Episodes 1-5

Season 3 Episodes 1-32 (Episode 26 is missing)

Season 4 Episodes 1-19

Season 5 Episodes 1-9 (Episode 9 is a duplicate of episode 9 in Folder 1)

Folder 3 (Specials)

Season 3 Episodes 1 & 2

Season 3 Episodes 1 & 2

Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2

Season 4 Episodes 1-3  

Here’s another even more confusing example

Blowing Up History

Folder 1

Season 4 Episodes 2, 12, 14, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25 and 27

Folder 2

Season 1 Episodes 1-6

Season 2 Episodes 1-12

Season 3 Episodes 1-17

Season 4 Episodes 1, 6, 8, 9 and 13

That means Season 4 Episodes 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22 and 26 are missing.

Here are a few more shows with a confusing level of multiple folders

Ed Stafford: First Man Out

Expedition Unknown

Deadliest Catch

Gold Divers

How the Universe Works

Mysteries at the Museum

Wheeler Dealers

If this is down to Discovery UK and they say that it can’t be supplied any other way, ask them how and why Amazon Prime Video can have all the shows and their relevant seasons (including specials/bonus material) neatly organised into a single folder?

Screenshot_20201111-140321.jpg

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976 

Thank you for the comment about the search function. I will put in the record for the related team to look at. 

For the Gold Rush S11, is currently showing the catch up version. This result on the data different to separated folder. As other Seasons are all Boxset already. We are asking permission from provider if we can merge the season at present.

Many discovery content, like Alaskan Bush People has a specific data sent from provider and it can only display this way according to provider data. We are aware of the files layout, however at present it cannot be altered.

Thank you for your message again.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.