cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Gold Won't stream properly

Turned Gold on this morning and noticed that the feed has changed. It now shows old episodes of only fools in a wider screen format whereas before it was the old narrow format. I've never had this since joining nowtv from Sky TV.
Also there's now a white rectangular watermark in the bottom left corner of the screen so something has definitely changed.
Up till now I've had no viewing issues today so dare I say it's been sorted or have I just jinxed the whole thing.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

You probably have jinxed the whole thing lol.  I too would like to know the reasoning for the small rectangular shape bottom left of the screen.  No interference yet this evening that i've noticed, and good news about the wider screen format, as this sometimes changes between adverts when viewing old shows.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

So far so good......fingers crossed

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I've been watching Gold the past week through the Black Roku box and Android Phone, and the problem definitely seems to be fixed....finally!  This has taken many months!  The little white box in the bottom left hand corner is a curious addition, but not annoying.  I don't like that old shows like Only Fools don't broadcast a 4:3 signal anymore  though.  I have to keep manually changing the aspect ratio on my TV.  At least when Gold was glitchy, the aspect ratio changed automatically to suit the format the programme was recorded in. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

Hi 

Can confirm that the GOLD issue has now been resolved, and there should be no further audio or picture problems. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

What about the white box bottom left hand corner?. when will this get resolved

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The white box isn't annoying, but watching old 4:3 shows stretched across a 16:9 is horrible!  Hope this fix is next on the list!  Or at least add an option on the NOW TV android app to manually change the screen ratio.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

More of a temporary fix until screen ratio is sorted

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@dlchip wrote:

What about the white box bottom left hand corner?. when will this get resolved

that’s the Now tv watermark it’s on the right hand side on the sports channels so probably staying, although it seems a lot brighter than it is on the sports channels

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Does anybody else get the ocassional green flicker on screen 

0 Thanks