cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still on going unwatchable  dispite being told the technical team are aware of the problem. 

Just seems to me they dont give a stuff about it., will be cancelling my entertainment pass because of this,, not happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally I've found other people with this issue. That YouTube video shows the issue perfectly. I use three devices and they all screw up on GOLD live stream. At one point I had constant hissing sounds.

It's also shocking this issue isn't fixed and that NowTV support don't simply say they're aware of the issue. Instead they follow scripts and tell you to reset your box. 

Unfortunately I'm paid up to November otherwise I'd cancel next month because I really like watching Gold.

I've noticed by the way, the issue is worse when watching Only Fools & Horses and Mrs Brown's Boys. May just be coincidence though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SORT THIS OUT NOWTV....STILL ###### 17.53 FOOLS AND HORSES 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its digusting....they  put the prices up and then we get this mess £8 down the drain cant watch what we paid to watch 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a joke. Charging people for a service which is unsatisfactory. Get it sorted asap because I am losing patience and I`m not the only one. It might only be one channel but its appalling it has been going on for so long.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv team

I watch on a 1st gen now tv box, a smart tv box, and a hudl tablet and its the same on all devices. Been like this about 3 weeks... sometimes its better than others but most times unwatchable. Its not my internet as my girlfriends smart tv box is exactly the same and as you can see many people with the same problem.

Can you keep us updated on progress here as quite frankly the response so far has been silence 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really bad tonight.......come on Now TV get it sorted if it was sky one it would be sorted double quick

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

It's been constant tonight...Doing my nut in!Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's terrible again this morning - awful screeching and picture jumping. When is this going to be fixed?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am Having same issue it is just getting to point that it is a joke now if this issue continues another mouth i am cancelling my entertainment package