cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold picture breaking up again. Now TV this really sucks now. You're obviously not doing anything about it. Just take our money, and not give a dam about the service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problems still persisting.......promises promises but still no solution

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, the problem is back, totally unwatchable again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold is unwatchable again. The original problem is back - picture distortion and screeching noise.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

darn i thought it had been fixed had a few good days without any problems then today its unwatchable again 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone sorting this out ffs

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Well i've almost had enough of the constant buzzing, screeching, distorted sound and flickering picture and tonight's  been the worst so far with over an hour of it so far.  Unless this gets fixed, i will not be renewing. 

Can a mod/member of NOW TV staff give an update as it has got worse - i prefered the occsional screech to this and live chat are useless and only now finally acknowledge there is a problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried talking to chat about it took him 5 mins to answer when i ask if anyone was fixing it he said after 5 mins what device you having trouble with, i was just replying all of them and he timed me out....i'm gonna get a video later and put it up everywhere if they dont fix it

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

i was told a couple of days ago that they are aware of this issue with GOLD, but only got asked for my e-mail address so i can be notified when it is fixed.  This affects all devices including all the NOW TV boxes, stick and watching on the iPhone app.  

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I recommend that as many people report this issue on Live Chat, as they will log  and forward it onto the technical team.