cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Girls Season 5

I've just joined so that I could watch the most recent season of Girls. I watched a few espisodes yesterday and planned on catching up with a few more tonight however it seems to have been removed - is there a reason for this? Nowtv has been great so far but if I cant watch what I had signed up to watch it is not much use. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Now TV isn't necessarily like Netflix, they sometimes only have content available for a very limited period as girls is from HBO this would be one of those occasions. HBO content isn't usually available for very long , but I would say that it's quite likely to come back at some stage , so keep an eye out

Content comes and goes from NOWTV all the time, but you are able to browse content library without having a pass or even without needing to login so you can check what's available before you sign up content which is going to expire soon should have an expiry date next to it and content which is going to leave the service within 30 days will display a countdown. 

The upside is that NOWTV does tend to have much newer content than other streaming services. They show you what is currently being shown on TV channels and also let you access live TV channels. I believe season five was the latest season of girls as a result, each episode was only likely available for up to 30 days after it originally aired on sky Atlantic. 30 day availability on catch up for each episode is in fact the norm. If you're watching the latest season of the show on NOWTV, although there are rare occasions where the latest seasons of some shows are available for an even shorter time

Entertainment content availability guidelines

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Now TV isn't necessarily like Netflix, they sometimes only have content available for a very limited period as girls is from HBO this would be one of those occasions. HBO content isn't usually available for very long , but I would say that it's quite likely to come back at some stage , so keep an eye out

Content comes and goes from NOWTV all the time, but you are able to browse content library without having a pass or even without needing to login so you can check what's available before you sign up content which is going to expire soon should have an expiry date next to it and content which is going to leave the service within 30 days will display a countdown. 

The upside is that NOWTV does tend to have much newer content than other streaming services. They show you what is currently being shown on TV channels and also let you access live TV channels. I believe season five was the latest season of girls as a result, each episode was only likely available for up to 30 days after it originally aired on sky Atlantic. 30 day availability on catch up for each episode is in fact the norm. If you're watching the latest season of the show on NOWTV, although there are rare occasions where the latest seasons of some shows are available for an even shorter time

Entertainment content availability guidelines

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! I had no idea channels could disappear but thats alot of help so thanks again. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks! I had no idea channels could disappear but thats alot of help so thanks again. 

Hi @Anonymous User 

it's the OnDemand catch up content of stuff that shown on the live/linear channels that will disappear quickly  the channels themselves don't change that often. And if the channel lineup is going to change. People are usually given about six weeks notice of this and told exactly what the changes are going to be.

Box set content will disappear eventually as well, but that normally lasts a lot longer than catch up content. For example NOWTV still has seasons 1 to 4 of girls available as box sets

Service changes are usually announced on NOWTV's blog, which can be accessed by pressing the blog button towards the bottom right of the page. The changes which are coming late June are first channel lineup changes we have had in about 18 months. If it's a big service change after the change has been published on the blog you will sometimes get a letter in the post from NOWTV about the changes.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Blog/The-NOW-TV-Kids-Pass-Coming-June-21/ba-p/369971#5MgiFwG4RCRlvbCC.97

The live channels can be accessed by going to the relevant section. So in this case entertainment and then selecting watch live.

As you can see NOWTV can be a bit complicated in terms of what's available and the how long . In a way NOWTV of their own worst enemy. In this respect. So Your best bet is to keep a close eye on what's available and if there's something you like, which isn't about to imminently expire, grab yourself a pass. Remember, you can cancel passes whenever you wishSmiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User season 5 was the most recent having just been shown on Sky Atlantic. The episodes were available for 30 days after the final broadcast on the 18th April, this passed yesterday.

You would have seen a warning next to each of the episodes showing that they only had a few days left. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, we’ve been watching the box set of Girls, s1-6 and have got to S5 and now have episodes saying they are not available (though the expiry date is shown as 5th July 2018). Even some of the ones we’ve already watched are apparently no longer viewable.
Any ideas?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are currently random episodes missing from multiple shows all over Nowtv. Obviously a system-wide problem. Given it's a Saturday night, I wouldn't bank on it being sorted immediately.