cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clyd
Scholar 2

Game of thrones

I keep getting conflicting answers on this question, depending on where you search.

Does anyone know when the last date GoT will be available.

Even on this forum it says 2025 but on an official Now page I've seen it says April of this year.

Has anyone got the facts, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008  @Clyd @schnapps 

Please do not worry, it is going to be till 2025, 6th to 7th there will be data renewal for this season in the system. Not an actual end date.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

When i asked the question in the past to a NOW Staff Member i was told 2025.

I think you will find that Season 4 which is currently showing ending in April, will return straight away.

Perhaps @Izzie-T of the NOW Content Team can confirm if the above is still true or has changed since my conversation with a NOW Staff Member going back a year or two ago.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T can you confirm for @Clyd ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008  @Clyd @schnapps 

Please do not worry, it is going to be till 2025, 6th to 7th there will be data renewal for this season in the system. Not an actual end date.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Clyd
Scholar 2

Ok, thanks for responses. I'm a bit more confused though. I thought all episodes were available as of now. But I get the impression they are streaming live and are only up to a certain episode now?

Aside from my confusion...... IF, there was an earlier date, let's say April of this year, can they be downloaded before that cut-off date for offline viewing later?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

All 8 Seasons (73 episodes) are available on NOW boxsets.

What playback devices are you using ?

Where i normally find a NOW Entertainment TV show by using the search option in the NOW App.

Or another way is from the main App screen (on most devices) under the Entertainment tile box click on View All Entertainment first box on the horizontal Entertainment grid row and then when the next screen page opens, navigate down to "Channels" (not live channels), then using GOT has an example move across the Channel grid row towards the right and click on "Sky Atlantic" a new screen will appear, then navigate down the screen until your reach the Game of Thrones on Demand folder.

The above method is slightly different using a PC or phone / tablet.

Once you start watching GOT it will usually be added to your "Continue Watching" grid row section from the home screen page, which will normally pick the episode you was on or the next episode to start watching .

RoyB
Legend

@Clyd 

I have been told that when a programme leaves the streaming service, all downloads of it expire as well, and can’t be watched any more.

I do not know if this is true or not; but perhaps @Izzie-T does?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @RoyB 

I will try and find out for you. 

Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @RoyB 

It is confirmed that is true.

Episodes you’ve downloaded will be saved in Downloads for 30 days, or until they expire and are no longer available on NOW – whichever is sooner

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-use-my-watchlist

I hope it helps.

Thank you.

Clyd
Scholar 2

Thankyou, that answers my question. I might not like the answer, but it's  very clear. Fortunately your answer many pages back confirms there's plenty of time, at least for GoT so it's not an issue.

Again thanks.