cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones season 1-6 missing

Hi,

I purchased a Now subscription a couple of days ago to specifically watch Game of Thrones from start to finish, got around five episodes in; thoroughly enjoying the series so far and today seasons 1-6 has gone.

Will this content be returning? This is very unfortunate as I know the box set has been on here for years.

Thanks, 

Shane. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. GoT boxsets aren't on all the time but they come and go fairly often, this time round it was added in June and left a few days ago. NOW TV don't have a return date yet, although they definitely will be back at some point. If it's anything like last year where they left around the same time, they returned in December, so hopefully something similar will happen this time round. 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Devastated ! Added entertainment package to watch game of thrones episodes 1-7 and they have gone ! Will cancel entertainment package now !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is patchy to use it constantly asks you to reopen things and now you have taken a whole load of episodes of game of thrones off with no warning -what a ###### way of operating as people obviously want to watch their way through not stop midway! I am leaving Goodbye!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up for the Entertainment package specifically to watch a re-run of all the GOT episodes. We got to the end of season 3 & they disappeared!! I complained on the online chat and received some very confusing explanation that the licence had expired!!???!! With no idea or explanation as to when I can access the programmes again. Very poor NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hello! Our rights for seasons 1-6 of Game of Thrones expired on 31/08. 

We hope to have it on the service soon, however no deal has yet been confirmed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So will Now TV be refunding the cost of my Entertainment Pass since it is now useless to me?

And will the marketing literature be updated to indicate that box sets may come and go? That what you've been watching one week may not be available the next?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

And will the marketing literature be updated to indicate that box sets may come and go? That what you've been watching one week may not be available the next?

Maybe 'The Legal Bit' footer on the www.nowtv.com homepage should be updated to say that content has expiry dates which will be displayed once the content is within 30 days of expiry.

However, I believe marketing of services only has a duty to indicate what to expect from the service and not to make any misleading claims.  There is no duty to inform potential customers of things which might not be available on the service.  Few, if any, digital services make all content available forever, so the general public would not, overall, have a reasonable expectation that content would not expire.

For a physical world comparison, a shop selling DVDs would have no obligation to indicate in their marketing that available DVDs come and go, as this is standard practice.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here with G.O.T, it was the only reason I purchased the stick and thinking the entertainment shows had subtitles. Absolute waste of my time, NETFLIX much much better because they have subtitles which I definitely need. Sorry but NowTV is useless for HOH or Deaf community. It really is a waste of time. Not being able to watch G.O.T now is another downfall. Misleading advertising. Seriously sad and disappointed customer who now has to wait till 'December' for G.O.T and hopefully with subtitles otherwise just not worth my time. I will then decide to cancel if no subtitles as most of NOWTV Entertainment is without subtitles (I'm sure this is the 21st Century but NowTV has pushed it back to the dark ages or as good as).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed - and the internet service adn support has been useless - they offered me a free 9 months of entertaiment pass to keep my custom but I agreed so i coudl watch this - its not there. - adn it is Feb 2019 tomorrow . ! 

This company wil not last in todays competative environemt and I will start to research alt. net providers aslo as after repeated problems its still not been repaired. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have used Now TV on and off for the last two years. They have been good in the past. This time around I signed up again as wanted to watch the full set of GoT from 1-7. I noticed this was still advertised so was ready for a very lazy weekend. Then I found it it had been taken off and when I asked Now TV via the chat link, I was advised it was down to licensing. Whether they are working on it or not, they must NOT advertise GoT if they are not currently licensed to show it. I cancelled my subscription straight away and the guy was very helpful. So no qualms about service but do question their marketing ploy. Misleading the customer goes a long way to ruining your rep Now TV! They still have decnet shows but I'm not spending 8 quid a month when it's cheaper on Netflix and they have lots of choice there. Decided tobuy the boxset of GoT on either Amazon or HMV as it'sunder £60 for all the series up to 7...good luck with watching the series and if it comes down to it you can watch each series via Amazon but you and up paying a fair bit for each series

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone received an update on this? We’ve just started with Now TV to watch GoT, only to find it’s gone 🙄