cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I´m watching Game of Thrones (Season 4) but seasons 1 to 5 are not available from yesterday Cat Mad

How I could continue watching Game of Thrones from season 4???!!!!

Thanks

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User two options wait until it is next on Now or purchase the DVDs from Amazon.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were trying to do a mass binge (having never seen one)....& had got to mid Season 3 - why has this now suddenly disappeared?

Pretty hacked off, tbh.    No obvious notes on NOW tv anywhere

WHY has this suddenly happened?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how come nobody gets a reply from now tv?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Because the Community is largely peer-to-peer (i.e. customers helping other customers), so it can’t deal with any administrative issues, for which you would need to get onto Live Chat or Email them (as there isn’t a phone line for anything other than NowTV broadband queries).

But the administrators do pop on from time to time, when one of us customers gives perhaps wrong advice or (rarely) when we are stumped.

As far as GoT being taken off is concerned, the question is being asked and re-asked, because it seems an awful lot of people just aren’t reading the recent threads with the answer in, but asking it over and over.

I think there are two issues here:-

Firstly, some people don’t understand how NowTV works, that programmes and Box Sets come and go, but the schedules aren’t arbitrary, they are planned from the outset, and the countdowns are shown against programmes soon to expire,

Secondly, though, some people do understand, but are saying that NowTV has been advertising GoT right up to the last minute, and so late arrivers simply wouldn’t have enough time to watch all that was being advertised. And also, couldn’t know there wasn’t enough time, because the expiry date wasn’t available to them until they had signed up.

I don’t know if this is the case, in whole or part, but it is a complaint that has been voiced more than once.

However, it seems that if people with this beef get onto Live Chat and say so, they may get refunded. So at least they can only be aggrieved that they missed GoT this time round (as it keeps coming round, and will surely do so again in the future), and don’t have to be aggrieved that they are out of pocket.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User programs have a number of days available. For example if you look at Game of Thrones season 6 has 14 days left. Hardly without warning.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't understand how now TV can offer something for limited amount of time!!
Disappointing
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User it is same with all streaming
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You may be interested to read this.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/game-of-thrones-1-5/m-p/436781#M33361

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why did all of season 1 to 5 expire at the same time? my wife is playing catch up and we only got as far as half of season 3. why are there expiry dates at all in 2017? I was aware of the countdown timer beside each episode.  why all 5 series on the same timer length though? i  really dont believe the answer about prohibitive costs tbh, sky/nowtv are not broke. this screams of maximising profits for shareholders at the expensive of customer satisfaction. other online tv providers dont do this and it has ruined my short experience of NowTV already. I cant see any reason beyond the end of season 7 of GoT finishing to remain subscribed to this service. I will happily pay to watch my tv online rather than resort to other questionable methods. not to this though. a radical change is needed to your service before ill be back, if at all