cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Even if I'd started when it first came out, I wouldn't have watched them all. I don't spend my entire life watching tv. I might watch an episode a week at most. So the time limit is crap.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Even if I'd started when it first came out, I wouldn't have watched them all. I don't spend my entire life watching tv. I might watch an episode a week at most. So the time limit is crap.

In that case, I suggest you (and others) either buy the DVD's or buy the seasons via Amazon Video...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately under the license agreement with the studio there is a time limit that NowTV can have GOT on their service.

GOT seasons 1-5 have now surpassed this time limit agreement, but may be available on their service in the future (usually the seasons reappear just before a new season is aired, keep an eye out on the forums and also subscribe to the NowTV GOT blog for updates).

GOT NowTV blog

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Blog/How-to-watch-Game-of-Thrones-on-NOW-TV/ba-p/357029?DCMP=SNT_NATURAL_BAU_blog#Xi5kA1eWqDZptpeS.97

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm completely gutted and outraged...halfway through season 5 and then they dissapear...I will be cancelling my now tv subscription for this!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am well ###### off too, I was just at the end of season 2 only, why did they take them away can someone answer this please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Read the second and third posts above for explanation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is rubbish, first it happened to us with walking dead and now game of thrones, fuming, there could have been a warning message or email or something just to let us know. Really not happy with this service. I'm afraid I'm going to cancel the subscription and not recommend too anyone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  there are plenty of warning messagesSmiley Surprised  Check out this website and you should definitely not get caught out http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well they obviously not clear enough with all the complaints you are getting.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have a look at the Girls boxset on any of your devices and on the episode list you'll see the countdown next to each of them. It was exactly the same for Game of Thrones.