cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The first six seasons are up now!

They expire on 25 January.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The whole reason i bought a now tv box is so i could continue watching game of thrones legally and safely as it was advertised got stream on now tv or sky 1 but as soon as the walking dead came back they got rid of game of thrones and it really annoyed me and there also a lack of episodes when it comes to certain series such as little britain my family and blackadder all with no more than one series and ino GOLD channel shows alot more than now tv has to offer i really enjoy my box and the movies pass is brilliant but entertainment could have a few more episodes to one series rather than galleries of different series with a few episodes from each where as Netflix provide full series even with top gear they have a very wide selection of episodes
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. In case you weren't aware GoT seasons 1-6 are now back on NOW TV until 25th Jan.

The range of shows on at any one time does vary due to rights issues. For more info on how content works on NOW TV see the following help page
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-m-looking-for

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was concerned that them only being up until January 25th I might not be able to watch them all, but this show is so good that I have just finished my season 1-6 binge! Now I need to find a way to see Season 7, i'm going to have to search the web to see the best option. I cannot wait!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Congrats on getting through S1-6! If you're happy to watch live broadcasts then Sky Atlantic are doing their usual GoT marathon again this year where they show every episode over the Xmas/New Year period. They should be getting to S7 about Monday 8th Jan with 2/3 eps a night, but you have to watch live as they don't get added to catch-up afterwards.

If that doesn't appeal it's either waiting for S7 to appear on boxset at some point of buying the season to watch elsewhere.