cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 has gone

Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why has Games of Thrones season 1,2,3,4,5 gone from nowtv?
I'm no longer able to view it!

Hi @Anonymous User 

game of thrones has gone due to content rights. NowTV are only allowed to have content available for a certain amount of time, after which they must remove the content. Due to the agreements they have with content rights holders in the case of game of thrones, the rights holders are HBO. HBO content is also some of the most expensive content around, especially game of thrones, so even if NowTV could keep it. The cost of keeping it would probably become prohibitive after a certain point, which means it could only be kept at the expense of losing other content.

The slightly better news is the game of thrones box sets will probably be back in February/March next year just before season seven starts

It has been known for a long time that the expiry date of the game of thrones box sets was June 13 most devices show the expiry date of content and if content is going to expire within the next 30 days. You will see an expiry countdown on all devices and also the now TV website. I myself warned people over three weeks ago that the box sets where going to expire

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/GAME-OF-THRONES-EXPIRY-WARNING/m-p/374479/highlight/true#M20550

also see @schnapps's post below 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've started Watching game of thrones and only signed up to now tv for this great set.
Now you've removed it
Why?????
Will u be bringing it back.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This linked thread below should explain why GOT have currently left the NowTV service.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Game-of-Thrones-season-1-2-3-4-5-has-gone/m-p/379436#U379436 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for removing game of thrones, will now probably remove my membership of now tv as only wanted it for game of thrones but you don't even have that anymore. 

I did not hear about it being removed at a certain date and it's all you ever advertise about.

So annoyed. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Didn't you notice the countdown on each episode?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also very annoyed that Game of Thrones has been removed, we are half way through Season 5 will definitely be cancelling my Now TV subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

up to season 7 and games of thrones taken off???? grrrrrrrr

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope I didn't see anything like that.. 

Doesn't matter anyway they're still not having my money, not even passed my 14 day trial so their loss. 

And doesn't make it any less annoying, why advertise it over and over and then bloody delete it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was no count down, not everybody's nowtv looks/appears the same depends on your box. NOW TV should give with one hand and take with other, its not the first tiime I have experienced this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looked into getting NowTV yesterday after seeing GoT advertised constantly... Saw the full list of series was available so signed up and eventually got everything working. Watched the first episode, all fine. Get home today and settle down to watch some more and it's all gone, except seasons 6 & 7?!... That was long lived, with no notification. Ugh.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was no countdown clock on the giant posters and bustop advertisements for game of thrones. Joined yesterday to watch from beginning and now have 8 hours to watch the lot before t is taken off.

False advertising, wish i hadn't brought entertainment pass now...