cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones - Season 8 Ep 3 - AWFUL QUALITY

Last night's episode of GOT looked AWFUL. I don’t pay a monthly subscription to watch Game Of Thrones like this! 

My internet connection is VERY fast so it is down to the NOW TV bitrate. You really must increase the bitrate. At times it was completely unwatchable.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I concur, I've just sent a complaint - it was like watching monochrome VHS. Netflix and Amazon are truly light years ahead. The heavy gray and blacks of this episode really tests the video streaming - what I was seeing was badly encoded 720p, 15 years ago.

Not good enough.

Winter has arrived, but you'll need infrared, but that'll only work for half the screen ;-0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When trying to watch last nights game of thrones on my PS4. It kept stopping to buffer every 2-5 mins. At some points even less. It was absolutely awful. Ruined the episode entirely for me. It doesn’t do that when watching other shows. Flash for example. If it happens again I will be cancelling my subscription. Considering GOT is mainly the only reason I have it. Wasting a lot of my time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The cinematics of the episode were absolutely fine. I've watched it again from another source and it looks great on my OLED TV.

However, the encoding and terrible bit rate that introduced so many artefacts into the picture is unforgiveable from Sky. The whole season has been like this so far for me, it makes it unbearable to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just raised a complaint on this as well. Absolutely appalling picture quality - compression, banding and ghosting / blurring artifacts made it 73 minutes of miserable viewing. Your comparison to VHS quality is absolutely spot on!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also complained. The quality was shocking. 

I obtained a 1080p version from outside of nowtv and the quality was far superior. How could such a critical episode be broadcast in such poor quality - especially when there are adverts all over London for GoT on nowtv. 

If I wasn't getting two years free via Vodafone, I'd cancel my subscription. I guess I'll just stick to 'non action' TV in future.