cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Friends on Catchup or On Demand

I am not currently subscribing to Now TV but have in the past, and am thinking of getting a subscription soon.

However, I can't find "Friends" advertised anywhere on NowTV, even though it is part of Comedy Central.

Is this available to watch live?

Is this available as a box set or on Catch Up using Now TV?

If it's not available, or only available live, does this affect other series on Comedy Central?  If so, I might have to choose an alternative service.  

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can watch Friends live on Comedy Central with NOW TV, but it's not available on catchup.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If it's not available, or only available live, does this affect other series on Comedy Central?  If so, I might have to choose an alternative service.  

@Anonymous User  Generally, the only Comedy Central shows available on catch up are brand-new first-run shows.

Some shows, such as South Park, have some previous seasons available as box sets.  But, as mentioned above, Friends is only available to watch live.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youll have to wait for the Netflix agreement to end before you get boxsets on NowTV of friends...

Netflix did state they were done with Bidding wars on content so they could spend the money on creating content instead...

But don't know the date...

Good news is that this show was actual filmed so is HD and 16/9 just... No 4/3 rubbish...

The BD box set is now mega cheap all 10 seasons for <£60...

NowTV 90day limit on US boxsets would make it very hard to do 10 seasons...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's that 90 day limit - never heard of that before?  It doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User boxsets are purchased for a limited time, although there is no "90 day" rule for US content. It varies between 1 month to a year, depending on the age and quality of the content (ie price to NOW TV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I add a friend on nowtv