cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flickering ball

Anyone else had a flickering football when using a Sky Soorts day pass (for football obviously)? I’m watching on an LG OLED 4kUHD with a hardwire connection on Virgin Media 100mps download. This has to be a problem at the NOW TV end surely? Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The frame rate with Boost only works with certain devices. Annoyingly LG is not supported with 50fps when using Boost.

Also not all sports channels are supported by 50fps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

What do I get with NOW Boost?

• Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
  • Smoother sporting action: 6 Sky Sports channels – Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf – are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).
  • Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.
  • An extra stream: Another handy benefit is that you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time. Perfect for families that can’t agree on what to watch!

You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of Boost:

• NOW Smart Stick
  • Any NOW Box
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • A supported Samsung TV
  • Sony TV (most models from 2016)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One (50fps not currently available)
  • Xbox Series X & S (50fps not currently available)
  • Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)
  • YouView (including TalkTalk & BT boxes)
  • LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available)
  • JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV
  • Chromecast Ultra or 3rd generation (note that 1st and 2nd generation Chromecast devices are not supported. See the image below if you're not sure what generation your Chromecast is.)
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
rkingd01
Mentor

I have the same experience. On NOWTV a  fast moving ball blurs which spoils the experience of watching football. The same (Sky) coverage on iPlayer and YouTube produces no such blurring. 

The NOWTV football product is much more expensive than Entertainment and Film and yet this issue is never addressed.

Try extracting a straightforward answer from NOWTV about recompense? I couldn't.