cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FIFA world cup

How can I watch FIFA WORLD CUP 2022 on Now?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The BBC and ITV have the broadcasting rights in the UK for the world cup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So that means we cannot see the matches on NOW tv?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No, you need to use BBC iPlayer or ITV hub to watch the World Cup. Unless your TV is connected via aerial then you just need to watch on Freeview channels.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

However, I don’t know of any devices which you can watch Now on that don’t also have the BBC iPlayer and either the itv Hub or the new itvX, where you can also watch the matches live over the internet.

Except for the poor benighted Sony Android/Google TVs, where the itv Hub doesn’t offer Live TV.

Another consideration, if you are trying to stay legal, is that you need a TV Licence to watch the BBC iPlayer.

Though I don’t know if those BBC detector vans, which are everywhere, have been updated to detect internet use as well as broadcast use 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Man I’m praying that our Sony YouView TV gets the live channels through the ITVX app when it replaced the oh so crappy ITV hub. We don’t have an aerial, so any ITV live viewing is through the Amazon fire sticks.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Do you use the apps via YouView on your Sony TV? Or through the TV interface itself? I know that Roy is quite expert on that, so I am sure he can give you good advice. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

For YouView I use iPlayer, ITV hub, All4 and BritBox. Otherwise it’s all through the TV UI.

Just waiting as patiently as possible for the ITVX app. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, OK, never having used a Sony TV, with or without YouView, I have no direct knowledge. But I was always under the impression that you could only use one interface at a time. Apologies for side-tracking. And even more so to the OP!  😐