cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 - NowTV has incorrect schedule - how hard can it be?

I tuned in for the race replay this morning at 9.30, and the coverage still on spoiled the result. Its now 10.30, and the schedule is still incorrect. 

This has been a problem for years - how hard can it be to update a live schedule in case of delay? 

Sometimes I use the NOW app and its shows stuff completely different from the program I choose. I have no idea what is supposed to be playing, and often go to the external TV listings sites to find scheduling, because the app/nowtv site only shows what's on now and next or is wrong.

I was looking forward to the replay and enjoying the race. Because its no On Demand yet I have no idea when it will be on and your live coverage has spoiled it anyway. 

Good job, NOWTV. Utterly disappointing. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's an absolute joke - I also tuned in at 9:30 excited for the "Race Replay", only to be greeted with a shot of the podium celebrations spoiling the race result.  Thanks for that...

The fact that on such an expensive platform you can't even check more than one show ahead to see when the actual replay might be on is ridiculous - not that you can trust what the schedule says,  the qualifying replay was scheduled under FP3 yesterday.  

Utterly disappointing indeed. 

Elith
Advocate

The schedule has always been rubbish for the F1 but I am in the same boat on this. The live chat is pointless as well, "please wait 24 hours and we will have the race for you" aye so i'll just sit about all day waiting for you to play it. I hate that there isn't another option for coverage because i'd instantly bin sky off.

Hey look it's Ted's notebook now, so maybe we will get the race in 20 minutes, but it's anyone's guess.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Elith @Anonymous User 

You need to contact Sky directly to complain about the scheduling. As NOW can only show what Sky outputs.

See below for the email to complain.

viewer r @ Sky . Uk (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will never pay another penny to Sky/Now for their streaming services, because of how poorly they handle Formula One. Other countries have no issues with getting the on demand version up fast (Australia Foxtel is pretty much fine, for instance). Having to wait many hours or days for F1 coverage is ridiculous. I'm using Kodi and VPN from now on, for coverage from other countries that take the Sky Sports feed. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Elith @Anonymous User 

Complain all you want, but in this case there was nothing Sky/Now could do. The race started at 6am but was red-flagged shortly after owing to the number of drivers going off in the increasingly heavy rain. The race didn’t restart until just after 8am, leaving just under an hour of racing on a slowly drying track. The race therefore didn’t finish until just after 9, with the podium ceremony starting shortly before 9:30. With the after race program and Ted’s Notebook, the entire broadcast didn’t finish until well after 11am.

So I expect the reply started at 11:30 disrupting the published schedule for the test of the day. 
If you want to blame anyone, blame the rain god.

Congratulations Max.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 100% agree there's nothing Sky/Now could do about the red flag or rain, that's more than understandable and no one is upset with Sky/Now about that. It's a shame the race was delayed and cut so short, but congratulations to Max nonetheless - well deserved. 

The frustration is when you miss a live viewing of a race, you absolutely cannot look up if a race is delayed/on going as you'll get spoilers. So it's waiting for Sky/Now to post the race "On Demand" eventually or tune in to their rebroadcastings throughout the day. 

But by turning on the rebroadcasting you actually tuned in to shots of the podium with "Max wins 2nd WDC!!" in the background.. I mean okay it's just sports and not the end of the world, but it's a very poor user experience - say you switch on a movie scheduled to start at 10pm but when you do it's suddenly "Bruce Willis is a ghost!", it sours the experience for when you do get to see it.  

I wouldn't care if it was a free service, but Sky/Now is a premium provider which charges £30+ a month to view just sports/F1, to have a TV schedule limited to just what's currently on and what's on next only is pretty poor, but for that to be completely wrong on not just the F1 Sports Channel but also on their sports main event channel when it's Sky's own broadcast is simply a ameturish level of service. 

Would have been completely fine viewing it at 11:30 after teds notebook (which I did) or much later on in the day for ondemand or the actual rebroadcasting. It's just a disappointing mistake in service that should be reviewed/find ways to improve on. 

Anyway, congratulations to Max and see you in two weeks.