cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eternal unskippable ads

Every time I want to watch a movie, unskippable ads. Every time. For months. Years at this point. And what are these unskippable ads for? NowTV. Advertisements for the streaming service that I'm subscribed to.

I know streaming services have turned into a joke these days, but in particular, whose bright idea at Sky was it to put adverts for a chocolate bar inside the wrapper of the chocolate bar?

You already have my money (for now. DVDs are starting to look pretty good again.) regardless of whether or not I watch the latest pathetic attempt at a TV series that HBO or Paramount let you have. Too much to ask that I get what I paid for, without a load of useless garnish?

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

To be honest you tend not to get ad free content on services like Virgin or full Sky either. Personally I use the adverts to grab a drink etc.  But I agree at times across all platforms can be excessive.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
RoyB
Legend

@4268 

@Anonymous User Is muddying the waters 😢

He isn’t talking about ads, which are for third party products, and interrupt the programmes, and which you can avoid by buying Boost.

He is talking about promos, ads for Now programming, which precede the programmes, and which you can’t avoid, nor skip.

While he has what I think is a legitimate complaint here - we really ought to be able to skip the damn things, especially when we have seen them before, maybe even watched the programme the promo is for, or know we are not interested - it is important to maintain the distinction here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@4268 

@Anonymous User Is muddying the waters by talking about promos (come before your chosen programme, are about Now shows), not ads (interrupt your chosen programme, are for third-party offerings).

You can avoid ads by taking Boost.

You can’t avoid promos 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Apologies for the multiple posts. Now had erroneously decided I was spamming (why?) right from early yesterday, but not saying so, and these have been my several attempts to overcome this. All released at once now the spam filter has been re-educated. 😛

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Those aren’t ads, though. they are promos.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

But these are promos from Now, not ads.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

These are promos - shown before your chosen programme, refer only to Now programming, can’t be skipped.

And not ads - interrupt your chosen programme, refer to third party items, can be avoided by subscribing to Boost.