cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code ovp 00009

Error code OVP_00009

I've just turned on my TV and started to try to watch the latest episode of New Amsterdam and I get an error code of no assets for required device capabilities, error code ovp_00009.

Does anyone know how I can rectify it please, or is this a known issue?

Thank you,

26 REPLIES 26
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

@ContentTeam can you investigate for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also experiencing same issue via Windows 11 laptop.

On Android app same episode states not available.

Getting this on any show which has a new episode against it.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

thanks for bringing this to our attention, content is playing now. Please let us know if the problem persists for you

thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’m having the same problem with Gangs of London. I’ve reinstalled app and reset now box, changed log in details but still get the same error . Please help thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got the same issue on black box, stick and Xbox. Problem with viewing content that was on TV last night

JayceyF
Scholar

I'm getting exactly the same problem today - but only with 'Continue watching' (i.e. new episodes of my regular series).  Could someone PLEASE HELP!  This is very annoying! 😡

JayceyF
Scholar

PS.  I'm using a NOW stick (device 3801UK).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JayceyF @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

For those jumping in on threads, you need to be aware I don't work for NOW so I can't help much. Apart from tagging in the @ContentTeam who should be able to help. 

As it's happening on many other devices I would strongly recommend you to report direct with NOW via live chat. This forum is mainly used for and by customers. Staff don't tend to jump in and post that often. 

For live chat just click "chat online" within the green box. Don't hit "get help quicker" as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or you can email support.
customer services @ not tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi gavs82008, thanks for your comment but I did try live chat earlier today.  I wasn't impressed as I was told to factory reset my black box and to be honest they weren't very helpful.  I believe this is a fundamental technical issue at NowTV, but  they seemed to think was only my device.