cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code OVP_00009

Error code OVP_00009

I've just turned on my TV and started to try to watch the latest episode of New Amsterdam and I get an error code of no assets for required device capabilities, error code ovp_00009

13 REPLIES 13
redchiz1
Champion 2

Is that Series 4, Episode 20? Later episodes appear to be unavailable as yet.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

We watched episode 21 of season 4 yesterday. It’s definitely a fault with many users.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JayceyF
Scholar

It seems to be happening to all of us who have new upcoming episodes under 'Continue watching' - lots of posts here...

MLW
Advocate

Please check your last software update I had one at 6.16 this am it worked pre this

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

See this thread

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Error-code-ovp-00009/m-p/593002#M2069...

redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 Yeah, I have seen a smattering of these also. But all I was driving at really when I posted here is that it helps to mention the specific S/E details. Otherwise we are second guessing. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Indeed bud, it’s the unfortunate thing that practically all users believe that the forum is the place to come to where all issues can be resolved. More so with as little information as possible. 

Personally I think any content threads should be locked instantly and automatically tagged for the relevant team to investigate.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Heartily agreed, of all areas to be monitored this would be the one. It would be good if the Content Team, who seem to be pretty good at picking things up when they are referred to them could be more proactive here. 

RoyB
Legend

There are several hypotheses possible here:-

The Content Team has individually screwed up every episode it has loaded recently;

There is a single issue under the Content Team’s remit that has screwed up every episode it has loaded recently;

There is a single issue within Now outside of the Content Team’s remit that has screwed up every episode that has been loaded recently.

I am not ruling out option 3 here,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.