cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karenski
Scholar

Entertainment and cinema nowtv deals are worthless on youvire

Although my current deals with nowtv don't have much longer to run, it's outrageous that I'm being offered deals by talktalk/,'youview'.  The  programme I did manage to view was about 6 seasons old. This set up is difficult to navigate and when asked I'm told to speak with nowtv. What can be done, I'm missing episodes of shows I love,!?@favouriteshows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karenski 

Why don't you try cancelling your NOW TV Memberships when in the last 30 days (i always leave it to about a week left) to see if NOW give me any discount retention offer deals if you are looking for any better deals.

What do you find difficult to navigate or is the navigation just slow using the NOW App on your Youview box ?

Have you tried another playback device to see if the NOW App navigation improves ?

The Amazon 4K Fire Stick is really snappy when it comes to navigating around the NOW App.

Also what TV shows are you finding not up to date or missing a few seasons, where it might be licensing streaming rights between NOW / Sky and the studio rights holder.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@Karenski 

That’s OK - I’m supposed to understand these devices, and despite that I sometimes just feel like throwing them at a wall instead of figuring what’s wrong 😛

Manhattan and Aura are a couple of boxes similar, but not identical, to YouView boxes, which do more or less the same job.

My quote is from a science fiction story by Arthur C Clarke called ‘The Nine Billion Names Of God’.

I haven’t watched The Blacklist. Maybe I should?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Karenski
Scholar
Hi RoyB The Blacklist is in its 9th season so well past its best but you
could try an episode I s'pose.
I'm not an Arthur C Clarke fan so thanks for the education. I do enjoy a
good quote.
Thanks for your help.
K
Karenski
Scholar

hi @schnapps

thanks for taking the time to put up with my rant. reading it back now it doesnt make hardly and sense even to me. however, it worked because ive figured stuff out and am as happy as im ever gonna be with this set up. and of course your'e correct about waiting long enough and nowtv will bring out their offers. what im after from them now is their banking info as im trying to pay using direct debit. any idea where i can get it? i cant find it on their app.

thanks again

regards

k

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karenski

I have replied on the other thread you started about paying by Direct Debit method.

Unfortunately NOW doesn't offer customers the option to setup and pay by Direct Debit.

Also i am not familiar with the playback device you are using, but have a read of this NOW article about what devices they officially support.

Click the arrow next to each sub heading to see the full list.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now