cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Ordinarily NOW TV break-down their payment plans into monthly periods. So in order to confirm whether your passes are active, here's what you need to do...

When you are logged onto this forum, preferably by using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device): -

• Click on the 'My Account' button (see the top right of every forum web page). 
      • Access 'My Passes'.
      • Refer to the 'Due On' date next to the NOW TV package you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Sports)?

You should see something like this: -

Offer Ends On.PNG

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And we're still limited to four devices.... Amazon prime is looking more attractive. There doesn't appear anything solid of an upgrade for the price increase? No extra channels? Boxsets which are taken off in my opinion a little too quickly..currently experiencing poor connectivity which isn't displaying on other streaming services. I've been a subscriber since the beginning but I'm Thinking it may be time to move on..!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately yes. we are still restricted to this pesky maximum four device limit Smiley Mad.

NowTV stance will be it's the restrictions enforced on them by the studios (who knows), if this is true NowTV need stronger negotiators when dealing with the studios and demand the same unrestricted device deal that Netflix & Amazon seem to get ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it wasn't for Games of Thrones I doubt Now TV world continue to exist, as it's pretty much the only high end content it has now.  Speaking of GOT, watching such a pretty show in massively over compressed 720p is a joke. On Amazon and Netflix I'm very accustomed to watching 4K with HDR/Dolby Vision and 5.1 audio. Now TV feels like streaming from at least 5 years ago. It's utterly pathetic, and now they're even raising the price.  What a farce.  

The moment GOT ends, so does my Now TV sub. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

If it wasn't for Games of Thrones I doubt Now TV world continue to exist...

Main reason I have entertainment is Sky Atlantic which I can't get on Virgin.  Having FOX is useful as it allows me to have the most basic package on Virgin, but when European football returns in September I upgrade to the full house which includes FOX HD and all the other channels bar ITV Encore which is all stuff I either have seen or don't want to.

Ultimately for me £8/month is a lot for one channel.  In your case a lot for one show.  But for many with just freeview, £8/month probably isn't so bad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately yes. we are still restricted to this pesky maximum four device limit Smiley Mad.

NowTV stance will be it's the restrictions enforced on them by the studios (who knows), if this is true NowTV need stronger negotiators when dealing with the studios and demand the same unrestricted device deal that Netflix & Amazon seem to get ? 

4 device limit, no downloads, constantly expiring box sets, geographically restricted...

... Amazon and Netflix [Always good to go on vacation and see all the stuff they have outside UK] have these issues covered, cost £2/month less and have movies.

I suspect the device limit is more about technology than rights.  

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Hi. With this price increase on 15th August will be new channels or just same but better box sets available
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24,

There's a fair bit of discussion about your question within this existing topic 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Soulcal24 wrote:
Hi. With this price increase on 15th August will be new channels or just same but better box sets available

No, it will be exactly the same you have today. Only difference: it will cost 14% more.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

I’ve seen on another website that NOW TV getting Syfy Channel next year but why increase pack now if channel not being added until next year