cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats why I have cancelled. With 2% inflation the price rise at over 10% is a rip off. The stuff they are putting out on the entertainment channel is so formulaic that it is getting boring anyway. Not enough decent sci fi and anything that you have to actually think about gets cancelled as tv series head to the bottom lowest common denominator.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thats why I have cancelled. With 2% inflation the price rise at over 10% is a rip off. The stuff they are putting out on the entertainment channel is so formulaic that it is getting boring anyway. Not enough decent sci fi and anything that you have to actually think about gets cancelled as tv series head to the bottom lowest common denominator.

2% inflation?  Last time I looked it was nearer 4% (RPI 3.7%; CPI 2.9%) - and neither of those track true inflation which is up to three times the published figures, so 10% isn't far off the mark!

If I wasn't given offers I couldn't refuse I would cancel at £7 or £8/month   It is worthwhile getting for a month every now and again to binge on the likes of Sopranos, Westworld, The Night Of, Walking Dead (until they remove it with zero notice) and Game of Thrones, but I can live without it as there is plenty of the same elsewhere that is cheaper and free.

I am surprised that Now TV are raising prices when the competition (Amazon/Netflix) are developing their services at no extra cost.  It's not even as if there is something extra like putting all shows on catch up or on demand (The Simpsons is still a glaring omission) or adding Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix. 

Now TV should be looking to reduce the price to the £5/month price level to fend off the competition.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why not throw in some extra channels, surely there's loads of cheap channels that could be added? Or how about adding national geo. instead of the wild version!? Delivery of TV this way is the future but you've not done much to really turn it in to a full on service.
We need more package options?!

Guess you scared of canabilising your sky customers!?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Why not throw in some extra channels, surely there's loads of cheap channels that could be added? 

@Anonymous User

According to this linked article Now TV will be adding sometime in 2018 the "Syfy" channel together with an on demand reality service called "Hayu".

Personally both these extra channels do not interest me, but i am sure it might be welcome to some NowTV customers.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/05/syfy-to-join-now-tv-as-part-of-new.html

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me they need to get more entertainment services on board to warrant an increase

SyFy is a good addition but too far in the future, and Hayu is a clone of ITVbe

If improvements dont come soon then i cant see me staying around much after my 4 months offer ends, Netflix/Amazon offer much better value for money

I will probably just get the occasional month to binge watch something and then cancel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

For me they need to get more entertainment services on board to warrant an increase

SyFy is a good addition but too far in the future, and Hayu is a clone of ITVbe

If improvements dont come soon then i cant see me staying around much after my 4 months offer ends, Netflix/Amazon offer much better value for money

I will probably just get the occasional month to binge watch something and then cancel

I agree.  Sky have channels like Sky 2 that they could drop in with no issue whatsoever.  Add in Sky Sports Mix and Sky Sports News to the live channels and then the extra £1/month looks more reasonable.  A Sky Classic Movie channel with some older movies could also be introduced.  Would give it a USP over Amazon and Netflix.  

Having no movies and no download capability like Amazon/Netflix makes £8/month look expensive in comparison.    

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

There's no way I would want to see 'movies' and/or 'sports' content being made available on the 'Entertainment' pass. What a joke!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

There's no way I would want to see 'movies' and/or 'sports' content being made available on the 'Entertainment' pass. What a joke!

You wouldn't be forced to watch them.  The sky and virgin  "entertainment " packages have sport and movie channels.    And sky sports news is already available via the app if you have a entertainment pass. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

You wouldn't be forced to watch them.  The sky and virgin  "entertainment " packages have sport and movie channels.    And sky sports news is already available via the app if you have a entertainment pass. 

The NOW TV platform offers four separate and distinct services: Cinema, Entertainment, Sports and Kids. It IS NOT like Sky or Virgin...

Jeez

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The NOW TV platform offers four separate and distinct services: Cinema, Entertainment, Sports and Kids. It IS NOT like Sky or Virgin...

Jeez

It is very like Sky.  It has most of their channels.