cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
huxley123
Scholar 2

Lucky my email didn't end up in the spam folder.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi huxley123,

I've been trying without success to contact NOWTV after receiving the same email that you received.

In my case they've applied 2 months which is what the "free" voucher in the box should be.

Annoying, as I shall be away a lot in the new year and was planning to keep the voucher in the box for later.

Are the NOWTV Team able to confirm that they are able to identify the voucher in the box and apply it without being asked? Or not as the case may be.

Thanks in advance.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Dex

Now TV has, in effect, rescinded this "automatic action" policy and admitted they have made a mistake which they now hope to learn from, Now TV's post on this failed strategy is here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/I-didn-t-request-this-service/m-p/452717/highlight/true#M13894

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for that! Looks like you had a large part in sorting it out, nice one.

The confusion could have been largely avoided if they had just said it was a "freebie" rather that "the voucher in the box".

KInd regards,

Dex

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Dex

You said, "...if they had just said it was a "freebie" rather that "the voucher in the box". You know, I am not sure I agree with you on that point, thinking about it a bit further, if a "free" pass was allocated to your Now TV account, which started an ongoing subscription, without you knowing about it you would be very upset once you had found out.

Now, it is very possible that some people who are going through emotional turmoil, the elderly, someone on holiday, etc. could potentially find themselves "out of pocket" through no fault of their own.  That's why I thought the policy of automatically applying "free" passes without permission was "out and out" wrong.

For normal, able bodied people who read their emails everyday, etc. they understood what was happening and could take remedial action but for those who were not at 100%, at the time this "policy" was implemented, could have found themselves financially disadvantaged.

But now that thing is in the past and it's time to move on.

However, I hope that in future, if Now TV decides to give out free passes again they should either post them in this forum, i.e. individually generated voucher codes that can be copied and pasted, or send the codes out to invidual customers by email.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just received an email with a "3 For 1 Offer" on entertainment passes (£2.64 p/m for 3 months), it's addressed to me and states in the small print "Offer for named recipient of email only", however, when I click on "Get Your Offer" it takes me to my account page and displays an error message stating I already have an entertainment pass! 

Shouldn't NowTV know that I already have a current entertainment pass?  Is this offer actually for me?  And if it is intended for me, how do I actually activate it?

And why does it say "we hope you’re enjoying your Sky Cinema Pass", when I don't have a Cinema Pass?  Is this just because it's a stock message sent to multiple recipients?

Thanks for any advice,

Trev.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks trev i thought it was just Me ive just got in and have same Email i thought Great ill have that clicked on and like you got error message

Im not happy at all bout that why send us an offer your prepared to honour ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also had the email today for 3 months Entertainment pass for the price of 1....but like above I click on the email saying my entertainment pass will be £2.64 a month for 3 months....click on apply voucher then error comes up. This email was emailed to me and mentions my name. It says I have until 21st February to apply the voucher/offer.!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My offer expires 20 feb at 10.23 am. Not a lot of time left!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same 3 months but cannot activate it.Says try again later