cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
@commanda6 wrote:

virtually everybody I know myself included, pays the NowTV using vouchers instead of allowing NowTV to charge me monthly. Using vouchers on average works out to be around 2 pounds a month cheaper in some cases it even cheaper than that.

I don't. I just keep cancelling, and Now make me offers I can't refuse.  £1.39/month at the moment.  Which is £5.60/month cheaper (or £6.60/month as offer lasts until September).

@Anonymous User remember, you can apply a voucher for a particular pass type . Once you are within the last month of your current voucher/offer for a particular pass type. So if you wish to continue with NowTV apply another voucher as soon as you possibly can, so they don't catch you out Smiley Wink NowTV won't always give you offers you can't refuse when cancelling.  Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 wrote:
NowTV won't always give you offers you can't refuse when cancelling. 

They have so far!   My philosophy is when I am in the last month of the offer is to go through the cancel process daily until I get the offer.  It maybe a few days until it is offered, but  it always is. The offers are so good I still have 3 movie vouchers (expiring in 2018 at various points) and one ents voucher expiring late 2018.

And if they didn't make an offer after numerous attempts I would just cancel and wait for the email to entice me back.   And if no email arrives I will use the ents voucher.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I followed your link and bought an entertainment pass and a movie pass.  As my movie passes have expired, I went to add the ones I bought from this link but it will not accept the code. Error message comes up saying it needs to be letters and numbers - which it is but I cannot get through on Now TV customer services and have been trying all day.  Any advice please? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought the entertainment pass but when I go to Now TV I cannot see any of the box sets, how can I see these pleASE

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What playback device are you trying to use, it's not a Youview box by any chance which only supports on demand movies only.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.  Left Sky over a month ago because of their inflated prices and now find NowTV prices are creeping up too. Much as Im happy enough on NowTV, I dont think it is good enough to warrant an increase at all!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same here.  Left Sky over a month ago because of their inflated prices and now find NowTV prices are creeping up too. Much as Im happy enough on NowTV, I dont think it is good enough to warrant an increase at all!

It is a difficult time for the pay TV industry.  They have to spend more to get the content to attract subscribers, but increasing the prices drives people towards other means of watching the programmes like the box that cannot be named but sounds the same as Cody.   Also Freeview provides such a comprehensive offering these days (unlike the 4 or 5 channels in the early days of Pay TV) that people are cutting the cable in droves.   Sky has peaked as a Pay TV supplier and there are other big players like Amazon and Netflix who are cutting in on their action.   Sky need Now TV to halt their progress, but the advertised costs aren't helping them.  Amazon and Netflix don't make retention offers, they just keep the advertised prices down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a 4 month ent pack that was an offer, i got sent email to say i have it but its not come on my box and the money hasent been taken.:( Drives me nuts not been able to get a simple answer from Service centre ARRRRRR 

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have just joined Now TV , with a 5 month Entertainment Pass , firstly I was charged the pound for the Month although I was told I would not be, now I see that I am going to be charged normal price from September, not honouring the five month deal, I left Sky because of price but seem to have jumped into system that is designed to be faceless, where is the customer service 

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have just joined Now TV , with a 5 month Entertainment Pass , firstly I was charged the pound for the Month although I was told I would not be, now I see that I am going to be charged normal price from September, not honouring the five month deal, I left Sky because of price but seem to have jumped into system that is designed to be faceless, where is the customer service 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a shame NOW TV rips off its existing pay monthly customers, the original "new customer" deal was fine, but as with all things Sky, prices gradually increase with little or nothing in return (ie no extra channels). The Windows app doesn't work properly with Firefox which is the icing on the cake for browser viewing.

I'd suggest everyone cancel monthly DD as its become a rip-off.

I've had enough and just cancelled. Funnily enough a "boohoo you're leaving us" deal pops up... £5.49 for 4 months. Thats quite a saving for just starting the cancelling procedure, alas the vouchers are still cheaper, so bye, bye NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

Does anyone actually pay £6.99/month?    

Given Amazon sell Prime (on offer) for £59/YEAR (with movies) and you can get Netflix for less than £6/month (with movies), Now TV should be offering movies and entertainment for less not more.  Even if Now TV  had a combined movie + ents pass for £11/month, it would cost more or less the same as Amazon AND Netflix combined.  

Charging £18/month for movies + entertainment will just push subscribers towards the competition.