cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 REPLIES 94
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here we go, the usual SKY price creep. A pound here, a pound there and soon you'll price people out of NOW TV just like you've done with SKY.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gary14 is right - this is just usual for Sky.

Netflix and Amazon keep their prices the same - that's why they have my loyalty.  

Once GoT is over I'll be cancelling my pass.

Sky / Game etc never seem to learn.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Gary14 is right - this is just usual for Sky.

Netflix and Amazon keep their prices the same - that's why they have my loyalty.  

Once GoT is over I'll be cancelling my pass.

Sky / Game etc never seem to learn.

Netflix have a different way of pricing which is an increase but somewhat optional.  The basic service is £5.99 and hasn't changed since its launch in 2012.  What they have done is introduce other levels of service, so if you want mutiple screen in HD, pay a bit more, if you want 4K and more screen pay a bit more.  Amazon have increased the price of what was Love Film Instant in 2012  from £4.99/month to £5.99/month, but to be fair they have expanded that way beyond what was originally provided that a small price increase is justified. 

Interesting comment from 2012.  I suspect the roles of Amazon and Sky have reversed to some degree in the minds of Netflix. However both are cheap enough for many to have both and not bat an eyelid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/9003338/Netflix-launch-in-UK-starts-price-war.html

"I don't think of Lovefilm as a threat at all," he said. "The main rival is BSkyB, with Sky Movies and Sky Atlantic - they're the ones with big content. Lovefilm has some strengths but we've got some strengths including that we're on all platforms. We are both competing against each other, against BSkyB," he said.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very disappointing.

Especially considering the note in the email notification: "our first Entertainment Pass price rise in over two and a half years"

• from 6.99 to 7.99 is more than 14% increase: how many people here have got a 14% salary increase over the last two and a half year? how much was inflation over the same period?
  • over the last two and half years, while the price of the Entertainment pass did not increase, the content of the Entertainment package has been reduced significantly with the spinoff of the Kids Pass... so last time around it was less content for the same price, they forgot to mention that in the email
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Very disappointing.

Especially considering the note in the email notification: "our first Entertainment Pass price rise in over two and a half years"

• from 6.99 to 7.99 is more than 14% increase: how many people here have got a 14% salary increase over the last two and a half year? how much was inflation over the same period?
  • over the last two and half years, while the price of the Entertainment pass did not increase, the content of the Entertainment package has been reduced significantly with the spinoff of the Kids Pass... so last time around it was less content for the same price, they forgot to mention that in the email

the price was only £4.99 in 2014, then it went up by £2.00 to £6.99

Entertainment package seems to have many repeated programmes, box sets - some may find this useful, if they missed a series first time round, but some series that were available have not yet had the latest series shown (e.g. lastest series of Castle hasn't been shown, despite it being on Alibi (I think it was on this channel) almost a year ago.

Look at the Living channel - it still showing christmas related programmes  - in teh middle of summer !

After being a subscriber for almost four years - this year may be my last. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

the price was only £4.99 in 2014, then it went up by £2.00 to £6.99

When entertainment was lauched it cost £8.99/month and movies were £15/month.  At those price levels the take up wasn't high so the prices dropped pretty soon after as Netflix was considerably cheaper only to be joined by Amazon Instant Video a couple of years later.    With both Netflix and Amazon providing streamed movies and tv shows for £6/month which can be downloaded Sky/Now TV is offering less at its advertised price.  I wonder if Sky/Now TV will even exist once Broadband Sky starts.  It will be a shame because content wise Sky/Now TV has a lot going for it, but with £18/month digital credit on Amazon/Google Play (along with all the free credits) I could select all the progamming I want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just joined Now TV , with a 5 month Entertainment Pass , firstly I was charged the pound for the Month although I was told I would not be, now I see that I am going to be charged normal price from September, not honouring the five month deal, I left Sky because of price but seem to have jumped into system that is designed to be faceless, where is the customer service 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This topic may be of help to you

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/How-to-Beat-the-Entertainment-Pass-Price-Rise/m-p/433083#M32407

virtually everybody I know myself included, pays the NowTV using vouchers instead of allowing NowTV to charge me monthly. Using vouchers on average works out to be around 2 pounds a month cheaper in some cases it even cheaper than that.

You will be able to apply the voucher once you are within the last month of your current after

I hope I've been of some help. Although I know this doesn't entirely solve the issue

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
commanda6 wrote:

virtually everybody I know myself included, pays the NowTV using vouchers instead of allowing NowTV to charge me monthly. Using vouchers on average works out to be around 2 pounds a month cheaper in some cases it even cheaper than that.

I don't. I just keep cancelling, and Now make me offers I can't refuse.  £1.39/month at the moment.  Which is £5.60/month cheaper (or £6.60/month as offer lasts until September).