cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Entertainment Month Pass Update

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

94 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Entertainment Month Pass Update

Here we go, the usual SKY price creep. A pound here, a pound there and soon you'll price people out of NOW TV just like you've done with SKY.

Highlighted
Scholar

Very disappointing.

Especially considering the note in the email notification: "our first Entertainment Pass price rise in over two and a half years"

• from 6.99 to 7.99 is more than 14% increase: how many people here have got a 14% salary increase over the last two and a half year? how much was inflation over the same period?
  • over the last two and half years, while the price of the Entertainment pass did not increase, the content of the Entertainment package has been reduced significantly with the spinoff of the Kids Pass... so last time around it was less content for the same price, they forgot to mention that in the email
Highlighted
Advocate

I have just joined Now TV , with a 5 month Entertainment Pass , firstly I was charged the pound for the Month although I was told I would not be, now I see that I am going to be charged normal price from September, not honouring the five month deal, I left Sky because of price but seem to have jumped into system that is designed to be faceless, where is the customer service 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ken60Swi

This topic may be of help to you

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/How-to-Beat-the-Entertainment-Pass-Price-Rise/m-p/43308...

virtually everybody I know myself included, pays the NowTV using vouchers instead of allowing NowTV to charge me monthly. Using vouchers on average works out to be around 2 pounds a month cheaper in some cases it even cheaper than that.

You will be able to apply the voucher once you are within the last month of your current after

I hope I've been of some help. Although I know this doesn't entirely solve the issue

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Expert 2

@Karl-F wrote:

On 15 August 2017, the price of our Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1 to £7.99. Find out more about the Entertainment Pass price rise here.

Does anyone actually pay £6.99/month?    

Given Amazon sell Prime (on offer) for £59/YEAR (with movies) and you can get Netflix for less than £6/month (with movies), Now TV should be offering movies and entertainment for less not more.  Even if Now TV  had a combined movie + ents pass for £11/month, it would cost more or less the same as Amazon AND Netflix combined.  

Charging £18/month for movies + entertainment will just push subscribers towards the competition.  

Highlighted
Expert 2

commanda6 wrote:

virtually everybody I know myself included, pays the NowTV using vouchers instead of allowing NowTV to charge me monthly. Using vouchers on average works out to be around 2 pounds a month cheaper in some cases it even cheaper than that.

I don't. I just keep cancelling, and Now make me offers I can't refuse.  £1.39/month at the moment.  Which is £5.60/month cheaper (or £6.60/month as offer lasts until September).

Highlighted
Advocate

Thats why I have cancelled. With 2% inflation the price rise at over 10% is a rip off. The stuff they are putting out on the entertainment channel is so formulaic that it is getting boring anyway. Not enough decent sci fi and anything that you have to actually think about gets cancelled as tv series head to the bottom lowest common denominator.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@DavidWarbstow wrote:

Thats why I have cancelled. With 2% inflation the price rise at over 10% is a rip off. The stuff they are putting out on the entertainment channel is so formulaic that it is getting boring anyway. Not enough decent sci fi and anything that you have to actually think about gets cancelled as tv series head to the bottom lowest common denominator.

2% inflation?  Last time I looked it was nearer 4% (RPI 3.7%; CPI 2.9%) - and neither of those track true inflation which is up to three times the published figures, so 10% isn't far off the mark!

If I wasn't given offers I couldn't refuse I would cancel at £7 or £8/month   It is worthwhile getting for a month every now and again to binge on the likes of Sopranos, Westworld, The Night Of, Walking Dead (until they remove it with zero notice) and Game of Thrones, but I can live without it as there is plenty of the same elsewhere that is cheaper and free.

I am surprised that Now TV are raising prices when the competition (Amazon/Netflix) are developing their services at no extra cost.  It's not even as if there is something extra like putting all shows on catch up or on demand (The Simpsons is still a glaring omission) or adding Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix. 

Now TV should be looking to reduce the price to the £5/month price level to fend off the competition.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@vc13 wrote:
@commanda6 wrote:

I don't. I just keep cancelling, and Now make me offers I can't refuse.  £1.39/month at the moment.  Which is £5.60/month cheaper (or £6.60/month as offer lasts until September).

@vc13 remember, you can apply a voucher for a particular pass type . Once you are within the last month of your current voucher/offer for a particular pass type. So if you wish to continue with NowTV apply another voucher as soon as you possibly can, so they don't catch you out Smiley Wink NowTV won't always give you offers you can't refuse when cancelling.  Smiley Sad

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.