cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downton abbey faster?

Hi,

We have noticed that the film Downton Abbey is faster than it should so it results on all voices pitch higher (it's funny to hear some actors!).

The runtime on nowtv is 1h57min but it should be 2h3m?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yuuuup, still an issue here in July 2021. So you've had this available for a YEAR, you know it's an issue, and you've not managed to fix it? Yet Prime, who have it for sale as a digital copy, doesn't have this issue at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This still seems to be an issue and we’ve had to turn it off because it’s completely unwatchable. Very disappointing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to watch this on 23rd July and it leaves Now TV in August.

Very disappointed to be paying for movies on Now TV only for them to seem like some weird dodgy download or dodgy YouTube version!!

It is concerning that this issue has been ongoing for so long and not resolved despite many comments and complaints from customers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for Greys ANatomy season 18

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have exactly the same problem. They all sounds highly pitched and it’s soo annoying to watch. 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same problem with the Downton Abbey film. It is very annoying, I've never come across this problem with any other film!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is quite literally unwatchable. Please can this be fixed? 

Amnesiacradar
Observer

Just tried watching this after finishing season 6 of Downton Abbey and turned it off after 10 minutes as it seemed speeded up, everyone's voice pitch was higher and the timing and pace was gone. It feels like a comedy. Huge disappointment. 

Shaun82
Advocate

@Anonymous User 

It's 2024 and these issues are still in effect!

All movies I've checked are 4-8 mins shorter than they should be!

This is appalling. I'm aware of what has been said regarding conversion etc (seems more like 30fps played back at 25fps to me, considering the pitch shift) but this is no excuse. Other streamers don't have this issue. And if they did it would be resolved when they received complaints like this. 

Sort it out. I don't know know why we all put up with it. I'm going to cancel my account. I've been waiting in the hope that it gets resolved, but seeing complaints going back for years (!) gives me no faith.