cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downton abbey faster?

Hi,

We have noticed that the film Downton Abbey is faster than it should so it results on all voices pitch higher (it's funny to hear some actors!).

The runtime on nowtv is 1h57min but it should be 2h3m?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your message. This has been bought up before.

Due the production of movie originated, the data conversion from US frame rate of NTSC (24fps) to Europe Frame rate of PAL (25fps), plus this effect can be vary in other factors, such as different made/model of devices/TV.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

RoyB
Legend

@Izzie-T 

Why is a UK-originated movie suffering from a US-originated problem?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB

It doesn't matter that it's a British film. It has been filmed on stock film at 24fps (theatrical production) but is being displayed at 25fps.

I'll hazard a guess that they've been supplied with the theatrical copy and not the retail dvd which has been converted and pitch shifted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. It is so strange to watch and don’t understand why NOW TV wouldn’t have the proper version.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T  I have the same issue it is genuinely unwatchable. Can this be fixed?

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Thank you for your message. This has been bought up before.

Hi All,

As mentioned the previous message reason below, and it is not a solution for this yet. 

Due the production of movie originated, the data conversion from US frame rate of NTSC (24fps) to Europe Frame rate of PAL (25fps), plus this effect can be vary in other factors, such as different made/model of devices/TV.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I'm having the same issue as well and it's horrible to watch. 

@Izzie-T please can you forward the issue to someone who can fix the issue, or at least pass it on to someone who knows where else to send it. You're in an easier position than we are to sort it out. 

Thank you 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User  & all,

The cause is thought to be the conversion from NTSC (24fps) to PAL (25fps), which is between US & EU version. We are currently still working on the issue.

This has been reported to the team many times since July 2020, however due to the higher level of technologies might need to be changed and adjusted across to many system. It is not something can be solved soon.

thank you for your message as always.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm just here to say that we're still in the same situation on May 2021. Nothing changed, the only option is seeng like this, at least here in NOW.