cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clyd
Scholar 2

Downloads

Advice please.

Firstly I'm adequately proficient at normal streaming of NOW TV and other providers. But I've never had a need to download a film or series. Might be unusual, but that's how it is.

My scenario is that I want to download a series to my mobile and watch it on a particularly long flight I've got coming up. Possibly the longest in the world!!

If I gave it no further thought I'd download it and then wonder how to watch it. I could practice doing that now, but I've got more detailed questions and those that I've never thought of probably.

1.. I'm assuming I can watch it on a plane wherever I am ?

2.. I think I read somewhere that you have to remain logged in or you lose it !!!?? I don't understand that at all.

3.. I have reason to believe that if the series expires on the main Nowtv system,that it also makes the download redundant.

4..  What else have I overlooked. When I'm on that plane and it doesn't work and I'm bored stiff, I'll be cancelling Nowtv on my return.

Ok, that last bit was a bit childish but I would like to go prepared.

Useful help would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

I don't download anything myself personally when using NOW apart from one quick test I did on my Android Tablet when downloads was a feature first announced by NOW a couple of years back.

Hopefully this NOW help article link below will answer some of your questions.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline 

Clyd
Scholar 2

Many thanks for that it was very helpful.

I appreciate that you may not be able to answer my questions as you don't personally use the facility, but for continuity I'm hoping this is still the right place for others to respond.

My main outstanding issue is that relating to

quote ""Your downloads will be deleted if you sign out of your NOW account on your device, or if the device is removed from your list.***

If I download today and don't want to watch until next week surely unless I leave the app running 24/7 it'll log out automatically??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

When you are logged into the App on your smartphone or tablet the App has such is not physically running.

On my tablet and smartphone I have left it logged into the NOW App for years with no problems (same with my TV boxes) and it doesn't throw me out.

Only time I have had to log back in on my mobile devices was when a new software was available and I downloaded it.

To access your login section of the newer designed NOW App on either a smartphone or tablet you need to click on the gear wheel symbol towards the top of the screen then click on My Account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clyd 

If you haven't already add a Payment Pin to your NOW online account.

Just in case you misplace your smartphone or tablet whilst on holidays and will avoid anybody purchasing further TV Memberships on your account through this device.

Clyd
Scholar 2

Thanks, will do.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I used this feature successfully on my iPad a few years back when I had just started to watch the excellent Chernobyl and wished to continue whilst on my travels.