cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madamtoffee
Scholar

Disney Films

Where have all the Disney films gone? Seriously not impressed, there are only 30 left and all the decent ones have gone.

So glad I only paid £5.99 for films as the selection is rubbish now and things seem to suddenly disappear.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@madamtoffee 

As you will most likely be aware that Disney is launching their own streaming service in the near future (despite there being Disney Life here, which I already subscribe to) . 

Sky will only have rights for Disney content for an extended period of time, most of which disappear then come back on after a couple of months. 

My guess is that this time round when the Disney content leaves Sky they won't be returning so it is ready to be added to the UK launch of Disney+

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
madamtoffee
Scholar

Thanks for the reply, no I wasn't aware which is a shame, I only signed up about 1.5 weeks ago and all the Disney films were still there then, if I had know they were going to be removed I would not have taken up the offer as that is the main reason I signed up, anyway just cancelled the offer as it was for 3 months, can use the money saved to buy Lion King on DVD instead for my son! 

RoyB
Legend

@madamtoffee 

Cancelling an offer does not get you a refund; it merely ensures that you don’t go on being charged after the offer ends,

So your access will continue; with some offers, for the full three months, but with others, only for the rest of the month you are in, though.

But if the offer is of that kind, then since you won’t get any money back, you might as well keep it running for the whole three months.This you can do if you go back in and unCancel it; but you have to do this before the rest of this month runs out, or you will lose those two months permanently.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also noticed the lack of Disney movies and any other decent animations movies to be honest. Don’t think I will stick around with NowTV for long unles they offer something better.