cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

DO YOU WANT SPORTS ON-DEMAND / REPLAYS ?

Hi all - this seems to be a very recurring question / ask on these forums for the past few years.  Can we please make sure that the necessity of on-demand / replays for sports is really raised  to NOW tv.  

If you want this functionality, then comment and like this post.  Lets get this to NOW tv's attention so that they add this functionality so that we can watch sports on -demand / replays. 

6 REPLIES 6
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I don't see any good reason to not have catch up on sports for 7 days at least. Premier Sports does it and they charge less than £10/month. For an extra £1 you get full season catch up. GAAGO gives you live + season catch up for about £50/annum.

Given sports costs up to £34/month, catch up is the least Now TV can do.  I also suspect they would sell many more day and week passes, especially when you miss games from previous day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been hoping for this for years, I check the latest situation at the beginning of every Formula 1 season to see if anything has changed but obviously unfortunately not. I only pay for week passes occasionally when I have the opportunity to watch the race live, most of the time just using the (on demand) Channel 4 highlights. I would be happy to pay monthly for NowTV if they provided an on demand service, it would be worth it for me then. I'm literally prepared to pay them more money.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @SweetBlitz 

Lets be honest, I was surprised Now TV did not introduce the catch up side for Sports when they launched on BT and when BT Sports finally came to Now TV devices. 

The fact that BT Sport as the full blown catch up and is on Now TV devices is really highlighting how slow Now TV/Sky takes to update its service. 

At least recently on some devices red button games are finally a possibility. 

Also to take serious note that BT Sports month pass is £25 and has 1080p as standard along with catch up. Whereas Now TV full price is £33.99 for 720p no catch up, to get 1080p you need the Boost at an extra £3. 

Sky TV doesn't charge HD for sport or cinema, in fact Germany has been the first place where Sky has dropped its HD charge for TV packages. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Boost should be included with sports passes as they cost so much.  Also never noticed much improvement on cinema/entertainment with boost.

Sky on demand on Virgin isn’t great either. 23 minute match highlights. I suspect similar on Sky itself.   One of those areas where Sky are lacking in comparison with the competition.

As for the red button,  it wasn’t available on Virgin for years but when it did appear, a lot of the content that was hidden behind it suddenly appeared on the normal channels (tennis most notably).  With 11 sports channels there is no need for a red button.  Sometimes the news is on 4 different channels at the same time.

I don’t know what the take up is for the individual channels, but I suspect the small difference in price means people mostly get all the channels anyway.  Having a dedicated F1 channel seems crazy when it is only used for less than half of the weekends in a year.  Racing is possibly the only one that needs 24/7/365. Maybe Golf.   Mix, Action and Arena being general channels could always be used for the red button content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t think I’ll use nowtv again without this function.  With sports like boxing you never know when a fight will start/finish so it’s needed.  Bring on DAZN

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give it time, good things come to those who wait! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help