cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continuous play and 5.1 sound?

I am trialling now tv for 14 days on a Roku Stick. Need to be able to watch kids episodes so they automatically play the next. Am I missing something?
Also no 5.1 sound on anything even movies??
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep, no 5.1 surround sound at the moment on any nowtv content Smiley Mad

I am hoping when nowtv roll out 1080p sometime this year part of the new 1080p service will include 5.1 surround sound.

Never used a kids pass, but if it works like the entertainment pass then there is no auto play of the next episode, where you need to manually click on "Play next episode" button when shown on screen towards the end of the show that you are watching.

Both these two features have been asked many times on the forum and are long overdue if you ask me Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Thank you for the info. Not having auto play is a dealbreaker with a toddler, can’t keep going back every 5 min! Shame as this seems this has been an issue for a long time.
No 5.1 is poor in this day and age. I guess they use that to differentiate from the sky platform. Would not pay for movies without it when i can have it on amazon and Netflix.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi
Thank you for the info. Not having auto play is a dealbreaker with a toddler, can’t keep going back every 5 min! Shame as this seems this has been an issue for a long time.
No 5.1 is poor in this day and age. I guess they use that to differentiate from the sky platform. Would not pay for movies without it when i can have it on amazon and Netflix.

Actually @Anonymous User @schnapps the kids pass should have continuous/auto play through continuous play isn't working, then that's an issue that needs to be reported . I will tag a NowTV staff member so that it can be looked into @Tony-D

@Anonymous User what device are you using?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks. I’m using a Roku streaming stick plus. It will play 2 episodes so one after another then goes back to the menu.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi thanks. I’m using a Roku streaming stick plus. It will play 2 episodes so one after another then goes back to the menu.

@Anonymous User it sounds like there's something up, then because it should keep playing until there are no more episodes of a particular show to play.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Steve411
Scholar

Try boost for HD and 5.1 it does cost £3 a month however.