cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue Watching list cleared

I have had a quick look on other posts and can only seem to see this problem from others over the last few years, not solutions so I am hoping I missed something. 

I haven't been on now tv for a few weeks and have just gone to my continue watching list to find it empty, even though I was part way through watching at least 2 series, which are still in my watchlist. I have checked in the series episode lists and the orange progress bar isn't under any of the episodes, so now I don't remember where I watched up until and now tv seems to think I haven't watched them at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think I can explain this one. I don't think the issue you're having is a is a bug , I think it's to do with the way the system is currently designed to work.

Unfortunately, if you haven't watched a particular show within a certain amount of time that show will automatically get removed from your   'continue watching' list. I think programs that haven't been watched for a while will be cleared from your 'continue watching' list within 14 to 21 days.  This would fit with what you've said above, as you haven't used it nowTV for a few weeks.

The watchlist section, however, is a bit different programmes that you at your watch list to allow you to find them easily will not be automatically removed from your watchlist. You will have to remove them manually. However, your watchlist doesn't allow you to keep watch progress so if you haven't used now TV in a few weeks you will lose where you've got to on a particular program 

I don't agree with the way things are currently set up. I think 'continue watching' should only be cleared if the user chooses to do it. Hopefully it'll be changed. Eventually

much to learn @schnapps still has 😁 

I know I haven't been of much help, but hopefully that clears things up a bit 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What was the two TV shows that you was watching on your Continue Watch List ?

Where when a TV shows leaves NowTV and then returns your Continue Watch List can't re track the episodes that you have already watched and all episode viewing history is lost (wiped with a clean slate )😠.

This may explain why there is no orange progress bar line underneath any of the previous episodes  thumbnails that you have watched.

If you have lost the entire Continue Watching history including other TV shows from your Continue Watching folder, then this happens unfortunately from time to time (but usually returns after a couple of days from my experience) where in my opinion the NowTV Continue Watching section and Software is a little flaky and buggy.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think I can explain this one. I don't think the issue you're having is a is a bug , I think it's to do with the way the system is currently designed to work.

Unfortunately, if you haven't watched a particular show within a certain amount of time that show will automatically get removed from your   'continue watching' list. I think programs that haven't been watched for a while will be cleared from your 'continue watching' list within 14 to 21 days.  This would fit with what you've said above, as you haven't used it nowTV for a few weeks.

The watchlist section, however, is a bit different programmes that you at your watch list to allow you to find them easily will not be automatically removed from your watchlist. You will have to remove them manually. However, your watchlist doesn't allow you to keep watch progress so if you haven't used now TV in a few weeks you will lose where you've got to on a particular program 

I don't agree with the way things are currently set up. I think 'continue watching' should only be cleared if the user chooses to do it. Hopefully it'll be changed. Eventually

much to learn @schnapps still has 😁 

I know I haven't been of much help, but hopefully that clears things up a bit 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

The shows were, SEAL Team, Strike back (although I gave up on this anyway) and MacGyver, none of which have expired as far as was aware and are all still available on my watchlist, so think it's likely @commanda6's  explanation.

@commanda6 I completely agree with your comment about how the continue watching section should work, with other streaming sites I use the shows only disappear if I delete them from the history or if they aren't available anymore. Hopefully they will change this at some point.

It makes it frustrating though as I now have to work our where I was in the series, and I guess watch more often to stop it happening again....lets just hope life stops getting in the way long enough to do that 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reg Continue watching

I started watching season 1 of Newsroom and gave up half way through episode2 but it continued to come up on my continue watching

I went to the final episode of the series on season 3 and played the final episode in fast time to the end 

It no longer appears on my continue watching 

Try it it worked for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep was watching the blacklist up to about half way through season 2 I think and went back to it a few weeks later to find my progres was completely gone. Could try and remember where I left off and search through the episodes but come on. Its just put me off watching it and using now tv in general if I have to keep active on a series within short time frame to keep my progress. Other streaming apps are much better for this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is the main gripe I have with NOW.

Whereas Netflix for example, you can not watch a show for 6 months and then go back to it, all progress and episodes shown as watched. 

With NOW, if you stop watching for roughly a month then the "watched" epsiodes clear and it shows that nothing has been watched. Very annoying indeed. 

Perhaps something to complain to as a missing feature? You could send an email to customer support (address in below picture)

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is just mindblowingly stupid. I guess it should be expected of Sky. The original NowTV app (on Apple TV) simply did not store watch history at all, so you NEVER knew where you were. With programs that can have 20 or more series available, trying to remember what you last watched some months ago is impossible. Every other app can do this.

Then we received the new app which did store what had been watched and was a bit better in other areas, but only to discover the watch history is summarily cleared if you don't watch for a few weeks. What dumbass decided that was a good idea. It aggravates me so much I just stop watching that program, or NowTV altogether. Let's face it, they have a LOT of competition and I have no shortage of what to watch besides Now. So whatever their reasons for this stupidity, it ain't working and is actually counter productive since their entire raison d'être is to get viewers to watch their content. Yet with such a poor attempt at a streaming app, they will be achieving the opposite.

Apart from this dumb idea, why, on the Apple TV did they eschew the standard transport controls and (try to) invent their own. Apart from destroying the consistency of interface that makes such a system so usable, what Sky/Now have provided instead is utterly hopeless. Often doesn't respond to the actual remote buttons and when it does there is no visual feedback as you (fast) forward and rewind. You simply have to guess where you are. Makes trying to find a specific point unnecessarily difficult and impossible without having to scroll backwards and forwards and repeatedly guess where it might be. I would fire any employee who produced such a dreadful app. It really is that bad, especially in comparison to what other much smaller organisations are able to produce.

I could go on. The NowTV app on the AppleTV is embarrassingly awful and ensures I watch NowTV as little as possible.