cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue Watching Section

When I go to my continue watching section since the upgrade on black Smart NOW TV Box it has become difficult to clearly identifty which TV Series my next episodes belong to.

It used to say quite clearly underneath each next episode, the name of the TV Series and the episode number but the name of the show has now disappeared.

Is it possible to have this displayed again - is it a configuation issue?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just dusted the cobwebs off my old NOW Freeview Smart box and after a full update under Settings > Settings > System Update i have the new look NOW rebrand Home Screen.

When looking at the "Continue Watching horizontal tile row under the TV episode thumbnail i can still see the TV channel ie for example Sky Atlantic the name of the show ie for example Banshee with the season number and episode number where NOW have changed the progress bar how far you have watched the episode from an orange progress bar line to a white line (not sure about using white when the lower part of the thumbnail background is white and might be hard to see how far you have gone on the episode itself just from glancing at the thumbnail).

When i click on the Continue Watching main tile (first horizontal tile bar on the left to see all my available stuff everything looks similar under the TV show thumbnails apart from they have dropped the season number and added next to the episode number the name of the episode for some reason which i don't know why).

I don't use my NOW Freeview Smart box anymore but having a play around with it for 5 minutes i noticed multiple bugs and glitches straight off the bat which i have reported to a NOW Staff Member.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had my update this morning and found that the ‘continue watching’ section is clearer then before! The series, episode and where you up to is a lot more clearer now then it was before, 100%. Maybe reset your stick and trail it with a new episode of a series to test it out, might just need a little encouragement x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the top level I agree with you, but when I click on see more or go into the continue watching section, the name of the series is no longer visible, just the name of the episode which always sets the challenge of getting correct show from the screenshot - which surprisingly is not always obvious.

Also after watching episode and clicking back button to come out of stream you are no longer returned to the full list of episodes for the show just watched.  It was always convenient to see how many episodes were left in series.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want to watch a TV show and after pressing the back button to pick up other episodes of the same TV show.

Then to get a similar experience, add the TV show to your Watchlist and instead of using Continue Watching use the Watchlist horizontal grid row instead to pick up the TV show in question.

Using this method it should pick up the last episode where you left off, but when you press the back button it should take you to another screen with a few options and one of them is view other seasons & episodes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is what I have resorted to doing.  However in continue watching I have (about) 10 current shows that I am watching that are all available now, but in watchlist I have nearer 50 / 60 which includes all of the shows that are currently between series eg Supergirl to remind me what shows to keep an eye out for.

It is now much more of a hassle to use Now (TV) enterainment than it was before update in my book.  Everything just seems to work so much more slowly now as well.