cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Content request not recognized

I'm half way through a season of NCID Los Angeles and when trying to play an episode I get the "oops" message with a sub header of "content request not recognized". No error number or code. Anyone got any ideas? 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What season and episode number ?

Does it happen on all your playback NowTV devices or one particular device only.

If you quote the episode number in question i will check on my devices, where it might be an issue at NowTV's end on their server which needs further investigation by NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. It's NCIS Los Angeles Season 9 episode 7. This is happening on my Now TV stick. Following your reply I have also checked on the app and get the same error when attempting playback. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Season 9 episode 7 played for me on my NowTV box when testing the first five minutes, where i am based in the UK.

Are you a UK or Republic of Ireland customer ?

Don't know why it doesn't play for you.

If you are trying to watch via Continue Watching, perhaps try picking up episode 7 from the search method instead what i did.

Other than that maybe try a power down on the Stick and Router.

I haven't got access to my NowTV Stick at the moment to check this particular device.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I paused Season 9 episode 7 and jumped out back to My Home Screen and after a couple of minutes went back to episode 7 and i got the same error message.

What i did to over come this glitch was to search the TV show on my NowTV box and attempted to play episode 7 after getting the message about three or four times by pressing the back button and attempting to play again i managed to get episode 7 working again.

So you might have to keep at it pressing the back button and play episode by doing a number of presses back and forth on your NowTV Stick remote to force episode 7 to play.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @schnapps I reported the problem a number of weeks ago. According to Izzie they're aware that the problem is terminal on some devices and they're working to get the data sent again.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Missing-Episodes-Season-9-NCIS-Los-Angeles/m-p/550047#M16824

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

NCIS LA is still under investigation.

I will do my best to update you all whenever I get any news.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Hi iv just tried to stream pawn stars season 21 but keep getting error content requests not recognized @Izzie-T 
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

In order for me to escalate the content, I must confirm the below information: 

• If basic troubleshooting is done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. )

• Season and Ep numbers, In what path way you try to play please? Watchlist, continue to watch, etc?

• Device types
• If stick or TV, also the TV model and brand
• Area: UK or ROI
• Image or video of problem if possible

Thank you.

please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. 

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've just purchased an entertainment pass and tried to watch Saturday Night Live on a Samsung TV through the app and all episodes are saying 'content request not recognised' 

I've tried other series and they are all playing normally.