cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Concurrency Error

Hello all, im getting this concurrency error on my phone. Its saying i'm streaming simultaneously on the maximum number of devices but i'm not. I only have one channel playing which is on my laptop., everything else is shut down and i only have 5 devices registered. Anyone have any idea why im now getting this message? Should i change my password perhaps? 🤔

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

UPDATE.

________

It appears after i restarted my phone the app now works 😠 but why do i have to restart my phone to get the app to work especially getting that "your using too many devices simultaneously" etc message... Why would NOW TV think i was using too many when i wasn't?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can use the devices section under account management to confirm it’s not being used elsewhere.

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

What I would suggest is popping onto Live chat and explain the situation.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gavs, yes i already looked at the login times/dates etc, there was nothing there to suggest any issues. It seems to be working fine now since i restarted my phone, just confused as to why restarting my phone would solve the issue 🤣 but as the old IT manager used to say, reboot and it will work 😂. For once it did haha.

Thank you very much for replying 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem but I rebooted my phone and it didn't help. Then I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it still isn't working. In short, the app is rubbish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I decided to open all the locations I had previously used, then logged out everywhere even though I hadn’t used any of these other devices, restarted everything and it eventually rectified itself days later but sadly NOW TV don’t give refunds for all the lost watch time which people experience from these sort of issues. I guess it’s just something we have to supposedly “accept” 🙄

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you leave a device running, you won’t be able to watch on any other device, unless you have Boost.

If you switch off a device when you don’t have Boost, it will still be about ten minutes before you can watch on any other device.

Boost lets you have three devices running at once, though the above still applies to a fourth.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.