cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Code16

Hi, I am very frustrated at the minute because I was watching a series on my iPhone as I went to watch season 2 episode 12 episode a message came up on my screen saying unable to connect to the server and code 16. I have deleted the app reinstalled it logged in again, And tried countless things but it won’t load and now the app is buffering please help, if this carries on I will not be using your services again.
10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What TV show is showing the error code 16 message ?

This will enable the NowTV Team to investigate it further to check if there is a problem their end with the TV show episode in question.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just found this iOS error code guide under the NowTV help centre where there is a small section about error code 16.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/apple-ios-error-codes-messages

Out of curiosity are you seeing error code 16 on everything you try to watch with your NowTV pass or only one particular TV show or episode ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for getting the article but I’ve already seen it. It’s only on
that one series. It says that my device is modified but it’s not. I don’t
understand why it’s let me watch it until now.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So the error 16 code is only coming up on one particular TV show.

What's the name of the TV show ?

Sounds to me if it's only one TV series in question and other TV shows work on the NowTV App then there is a glitch between your iPhone and the NowTV app TV show.

Maybe post the name of the TV series so somebody who owns an iPhone on here can check if the TV episode plays on their phone to see if they are seeing the same issue.

Unfortunately i don't own an iPhone to check myself.

I am guessing you have tried switching the power off to both your iPhone and let it reboot up again and at the same time reboot your Router as well.

Perhaps see if live chat can assist you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I am getting the same problem on my iPad. I have been able to watch NOWTV for 2 years on the same device. Two days ago error 16 came up and I can't watch anything now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Nothing seems to work. The app works fine on my smart tv and I can watch via a box, just not on my iPad. I only have 3 devices on my account. Any advice would be great. Thanks
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you rebooted your iPad?

The easiest way is to use the option Settings/General/Shutdown, if you have this, which on more modern iPads, I believe is the only way.

On older iPads like my 2016 Pro, though, you can hold down the On/Off button until the iPad asks you to confirm you want to power off, you slide the onscreen slider, and it powers off.

Either way, you then give it two minutes for the electrons in volatile memory to die, which includes the NowTV cache, and then hold the On/Off button in - for quite a few seconds -  until it starts powering up again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you so much. This worked and I can now watch anything. Thanks for the advice, it was really appreciated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s my iPhone 7 Plus and I’m using the app to play it